Password Reset Every Time I Switch From Mobile to Desktop

Doug Beatty

I like the new site design and features, however, I am stuck in a password reset loop whenever I jump from desktop version of chrome to mobile.

I delete the auto-fill fields and manually re-type my username and password, but I am unable to log in. The reverse is true if I reset my password on mobile Chrome and jump to desktop I will be locked out on my PC.

It's a real pain having to reset every time to log in when jumping platforms. I had no issues with this on the previous site build.

Hey, Doug, I know you say you're deleting auto-fill in the browser, but what I think you're doing is just by-passing it and entering the correct information which logs you in. Then next time, on the same device (or even another device) auto-fill is doing its thing again. If you have successfully logged in with your Display Name and your existing password, you just have to get your browser to agree to all that. I think, unfortunately, the issue is on your end (not trying to place blame, just trying to solve the problem). Let me check your membership and see if you have been caught with the issue of having had a username/login name AND a Display Name.

• 1 month later...

It seems every time I try to log in I have to reset my password, It's been happening for a while now and up until now I've just been living with it, but it's beginning to get a little annoying now. I tried using my email address and also  my display name, but whichever way I try to login when I enter my password I get an error message saying that my login details are incorrect. 

Would be nice to get this fixed Thanks.

I'm pretty sure what is happening is your browser is auto-filling an incorrect password. First of all, logging in now to the site you should use your Display Name and enter whatever your current password is. Without knowing what browser you are using I'm not going to offer up the various methods of dealing with auto-fill, keychains, how the browser remembers these things and so forth. I will look at your membership profile and make sure nothing has gotten disrupted there.

• 4 months later...