Deleting messages

I'm not sure of how to delete all the PMs in the inbox in one shot, but if you open the message and click "Options" there is a 'Delete' option per message.

OTOH, (and I have not tried it), If you click your user name (top right) and go to 'Content- Messages', click the 'gear' icon, next to 'My Conversations' there is a 'Empty' option. I would assume that empties the inbox. Again, I have not tried this.

I'm sure Jeff will elaborate in any case.

Screenshot_1.png

I've found the "Options" selection isn't offered on my older messages.  The available method to clear out my IN BOX seems to be the EMPTY option.  I'd like to be able to selectively delete many older messages, but there doesn't appear to be a way to do it without clearing the whole thing. 

Since the changeover, my Messages show I'm over capacity at 105% so it won't allow me to send or receive any messages.

I will look into the Messages routine as it is done now. It has changed and I haven't really gotten up to speed on all the ins and outs. I did set global preferences to ignore message quotas so even though it is reported that you are over the quota it should still function (maybe not).

Well, I looked into how Messages is working now and there have been lots of changes. When you click on the Messages icon you get a list and you can Go to Inbox which opens a full page dedicated to Messages. If you want to delete individual messages rather than using the global Empty command, it looks like under Options you can delete messages but only your own, not ones that arrived from other members. Weird. The other thing that is odd is that I have set it so that the quota limit is in place but it will be over-ridden. I think there is a setting I need to increase that allows you to STORE a greater number of messages.

Okay, here's the lowdown: Messages has become much more comprehensive, feature rich and super complicated, non-intuitive and very confusing. I'm not going to try and outline all the things I discovered while mashing around the Inbox but I will mention a few. Once you're in the Inbox, if you click on a message there are several things you can do (easily deleting isn't one of them). It looks like you cannot delete your OWN message but the reply message can be deleted using the "Options" drop-down. You can also mark everything "As Read" (though I don't know what that gains you). I also noticed that you can make a "New Folder" which I did and called it "Archive". Then, using the folder icon in the right hand corner, you can "Move" messages to this new Archive folder. Again, I don't know what use this is beyond simple organization. To make full use of the new and incredibly cumbersome Messages I would probably have to make a "How To" video tutorial and that is not something I'm going to do.