Lectrosonics R1a SRB same block

Eric Lau

I think you must mean can you broadcast and receive from the bag using the same block. 

It's not ideal, and most people who work from a bag (or even from a cart) try to separate IFB broadcast from receivers in the same area. 

If you are restricted, then it is best to put your IFB transmitter, or at least antenna, as far away from receivers as possible. A lot of bag mixers will put transmitter on an upper part of the harness. 

Using FreqFinder or Lectro table to group talent mics on one end of the block and IFB on the other. 

If you know that you will have lots of free room in a block then go for it, with all of Robert's excellent recommendations.  I often use a Block 24 SRB and 1 talent wireless at the opposite ends of the block. My transmitter antennas are a pair of dipoles that I run down my back to increase the physical separation. Works quite well any place where block 24 is clear or there are clear patches at either end of the block.

However, If I go to Los Angeles with my block 24 SRB, I can barely fit it's two frequencies into the tiny notch between all the DTV activity in that block.  There's no way at all to fit a talent wireless in there as well...

Cheers,

Brent Calkin

Hi Eric,

My example above is a bit different from yours, but the effects are similar - I'm using Hops and talent mics in the same block, you want to use the R1 and 2 talent mics in the same block.  Kind of opposite setup, but with the same problems of using transmitters in the bag close to receivers in the same block.

What I mean by "opposite ends of the block" is that I try to put the pair of Hop frequencies as far away from the talent wireless within the block that I can.The closer the talent and the Hop frequencies are to each other, the more chance of them interfering with each other.

Looking at my current setup I have my Blk24 Hops at 614.800 and 616.000 which are frequency number 04 and 10 out of the available 256 frequencies in the block.  My talent wireless is at 636.500 or Hex frequency number DD which in normal numbers is # 221 out of 256.

So opposite ends of the block..

As an aside, the problem with setting wirelesses to the opposite ends of the block is that the wirelesses are not as effective at their frequency extremes, which is why I keep the talent wireless a bit away from the highest frequency in the block.  If I lose range on the hops because they are near the end of the range, it's not quite as much of a problem.

Cheers,

Brent Calkin

Edited by Freeheel