Zoom F8

Michael Panfeld

Hi All,

Perhaps a stupid question but I can't seem to find a definitive answer through other avenues:

If my F8 ran out of battery and switched off during a take, is the entirety of that file completely lost? Or will the recorded retain what was recorded before the forced power down?

Many thanks 

• 1 month later...

My zoom F8 is requiring date/time setting upon each startup. I assume it is an internal battery which requires replacement, but I've yet to find any detail in any literature. 

Does anyone have a suggestion or experience of this? I've been in touch with Zoom and am awaiting a response. 

1 hour ago, Sixnon said:

My zoom F8 is requiring date/time setting upon each startup. I assume it is an internal battery which requires replacement, but I've yet to find any detail in any literature. 

Does anyone have a suggestion or experience of this? I've been in touch with Zoom and am awaiting a response. 

Some comments in a facebook group regarding this:

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 12.05.16.png

15 minutes ago, Vincent R. said:

Some comments in a facebook group regarding this:

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 12.05.16.png

Excellent Vincent, thank you. Seems like most of the internets are conducted on the facebooks these days! Makes things difficult for those who don't use 'em!

Now that i see that solution I recall reading something very similar for Sound Devices machines recently.