Ebay Purchase

Bartek

Gentelman,

I once again seek your council.

I recently purchased a MK4 on ebay. All went well and I received the capsule, one problem the serial # is inked out! I will send the capsule to redding audio to see if they can un-ink that # and get me history of that capsule. 

Would there be any other reason why someone would try to obscure the # other than for the obvious reason?

if there is anyone who had their "borrowed" recently please let me know.

Bartek

Gentelman,

I once again seek your council.

I recently purchased a MK4 on ebay. All went well and I received the capsule, one problem the serial # is inked out! I will send the capsule to redding audio to see if they can un-ink that # and get me history of that capsule. 

Would there be any other reason why someone would try to obscure the # other than for the obvious reason?

if there is anyone who had their "borrowed" recently please let me know.

Bartek

Inked out with a Sharpie or the like? Then you should be able to remove the "ink" with paint thinner or WD40 or such if the # is engraved into the case.

Eric

Inked out with a Sharpie or the like? Then you should be able to remove the "ink" with paint thinner or WD40 or such if the # is engraved into the case.

On a Schoeps capsule, the number is written in ink on the plastic disk up inside the capsule (looking in from the threaded end).

Perhaps applying paint thinner, WD-40 or a blowtorch to the inside of a Schoeps capsule might be ill-advised.

JB