Zaxcom Rentals in Canada?

Hey guys,

I'm going to be on a feature that requires a substantial wireless setup and I'm looking to rent some pieces to fill in the gaps in my kit. Thanks to the IC registration, Zaxcom gear is available to in Canada again but neither Trew Vancouver or Trew Toronto have Zax gear to rent--apparently, all their Zax rentals are out of LA, and the Nashville store is using up their stock during my shoot days (July 31st-August 15th). Does anyone know of any other rental options for me?

All Zaxcom equipment that was at Trew Audio in Canada was removed at the end of 2014 as required by Industry Canada (government regulatory agency) and returned to the US. They were allowed to be restocked only a week ago, so it will take a little time to get back to normal.

Trew Audio in the US has rental stock of Zaxcom equipment, and the Toronto staff is able to arrange that for you.

Glen Trew

The unique nature of this project means that I'm going to be relying heavily on the salient selling points of Zaxcom's system--most notably, internal recording, ZaxNet, and NeverClip. I'm going to be working in distances that might be tricky for any system and I need the confidence of a proper backup. Plus, NeverClip is probably going to save my ass more than once...

Also, thank you to everyone that replied. I can't believe that, in 16 hours, I have three of the biggest names in location sound services replying to this post. What an amazing forum.

Edited by Alex Mitchell