Has Lectrosonics quit supporting jwsound?

al mcguire

I have not  seen a Lectrosonics banner at the top of the jwsound page since Larry retired.

Has Lectrosonics ceased supporting this site ?

I've been looking for the  banner but it never shows up.

The fanatics are here, where is Lectro ?

Al McGuire - Lectrosonics user since the 185's

Not at all. The site can support as many ad banners as needed. We do have a core of loyal companies that have been on site since the first day I offered advertising and we have a few new companies coming on board very soon. JWSOUND was started in 2006 but I always resisted having any advertising on the site (even though most other forums of this type are often littered with ads). Ads have been up only just over a year and a half and for the most part it has worked out great for all concerned. For whatever reason, Lectrosonics made the decision to not continue their ad banner on JWSOUND. 

We are still here - Larry said he wanted to continue to post to JW Sound even in retirement, so we have kind of pulled back to let him do so - I suspect the hammock AND the open roads have been very inviting.

Regarding the banner ads, the decision to pull back on banner ads was made before the transition and was unrelated to Larry's retirement.  Marketing is always a game of change and trying to keep the message fresh and showing up in different places, so the marketing plan changed.  No slight to you guys intended! 

I'll check in more often to see what's up.  We have a lot going on in the back so I've been getting my feet wet in the engineering department and production lately.  As well as Larry prepared me for the new job, there are still a lot of details I have to get up to speed on.

I'll pass on your concerns to the marketing side......

Gordon

Keep in mind that Lectro has not only supported here but has often gone "above and beyond." There were NAB RAMPS parties where they picked up the slack when the bill somehow rose above participant's contributions.  They have continued to be great community members offering both manpower (okay, "personpower") and material support in other years.

(My first Lectros were 185s.)