Windows 10

I just got my hands on the new Windows 10 and it is awful! What were they thinking? It looks VERY retro, incompatible with every single software application, incredibly sluggish and ugly as hell. I was thinking of leaving the Mac and going with Windows but after looking at this...   forget about it!

Windows1.0-1985.thumb.jpg.18d7a277358bdd

Wait a minute. I think it might be Windows 1.0, not 10. Missed the decimal point I guess. I might give Windows 10 a whirl when it comes out.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It comes out today. I have been using the beta on my laptop for a while. It works fine. What I really like about it is the EDGE browser. It is very fast. A lot faster then the competition. And You can write and mark on top of web pages and share with people.

Cortana is pretty good even with accents  "not like siri". I use it on my phone all the time.

For the gamers with windows 10 you can stream xbox games on your pc.

Hologram and 3d projection in the future...

And everybody can make design and build hardware.

You can run it on a $60 tablet.

Part of Windows 10’s big promise is that the same apps can run across PCs, tablets, phones, and even the Xbox One console. As a result, the next phones will have an expansive set of apps from Windows 10 to jumpstart the ecosystem.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are free.

Windows made the great decision to release all their windows phone apps to other OS.

You have to try Here maps - in my opinion the best navigation software. You can download maps to your phone so even if out of celurar coverage your GPS will work.

I highly recommend it for IOS and Android.

Give it a try.

Edited by RadoStefanov

I may be buying a Windows PC (all right, you can all get up off the floor). The last computer I had running an operating system from Microsoft was a no-name 8088 XT clone that I built in 1981. I need a little help understanding the specs for the model I might be getting. Lenovo - 19.5" Portable Touch-Screen. If anyone has the time (Courtney?) could you take a look at the specs for me? For example, processor type/speed, 1.7 ghz, is that going to be very slow?

Thanks. 

I may be buying a Windows PC (all right, you can all get up off the floor). The last computer I had running an operating system from Microsoft was a no-name 8088 XT clone that I built in 1981. I need a little help understanding the specs for the model I might be getting. Lenovo - 19.5" Portable Touch-Screen. If anyone has the time (Courtney?) could you take a look at the specs for me? For example, processor type/speed, 1.7 ghz, is that going to be very slow?

Thanks. 

http://www.pcworld.com/article/230055/laptopdesktopspecs.html

several parts/components make a pc 'fast.' i3 processor running at 1.7 ghz and no solid state drive--slowww if you're planning on doing anything involved.

Thanks, Gerard, that's exactly the type of info I need. I have no problem understanding the specs for Macs and the Mac operating system, but I have no personal experience with Intel hardware and Windows OS. Hopefully some others will chime in with their reactions.