Bad week.

They say that trouble always comes in threes.

1. Plugged in a brand new C-Mit. All the lights came on but no sound whatsoever. Whizzed it back to the UK distributors who are talking in weeks as Schoeps capsule department are short staffed and production is weeks behind.

2. Wife has a bad fall at home so having to leave the production.

3. Next to the last day on the production and I plugged another C-Mit into my brand new Mini Solice and the phantom power died. Contacted the sellers company who say that PSC don't have any back-up in the UK and the mixer will have to go back to Ron!

Definately a bad week at dog shit bend!!

Edited by Malcolm Davies Amps CAS
Update

Hang in there Malcolm.

The local Hair and MU ladies tell me these kinds of things tend to come in 3's , so you are cleared to be back to normal soon.

Al

Pascal   

> Hopefully, wife gets better before the CMIT comes back.<

Humor helps us through our trials, and that made me laugh.

Al 

I'm sure it will work out well, Malcolm.

Before sending the Solice mini back to the USA, I would think that a good general technician that is use to the type of equipment we use could find the problem and repair it, with the phone help of Ron at PSC. Of course, Ron would be the best one to make that suggestion, but it's worth considering.

Glen

BEST to the better half. 

Mr. Davies, at your age and experience you are not allowed to complain! :)

Thanks Vin but I'm sure that you know that growing old is compulsory but growing up is optional!

hope you are back to normal after all that globe trotting.:mellow:

I'm sure it will work out well, Malcolm.

Before sending the Solice mini back to the USA, I would think that a good general technician that is use to the type of equipment we use could find the problem and repair it, with the phone help of Ron at PSC. Of course, Ron would be the best one to make that suggestion, but it's worth considering.

Glen

Glen, It was an idea I had considered already. I'm sure Richmond Film Services who are agents for quite a few American products could sort it but as I have a couple of issues that I want checked against the factory specs I thought it best to return it? I messaged Ron who has offered a very quick turnaround so it's all down to Fed-Ex.

if the mixer sells well in the UK I'm sure Ron will make warranty repairs something that can be fixed here. I hope it is a success as it's a joy to use.

Apropos of nothing, just thought I would say I think Saddleworth is lovely. I have a friend who used to live in Dobcross that I visited once, and she showed me around. All the roads in the are were shut for their annual Whit Friday brass band festival. It was a splendid weekend.

They say that trouble always comes in threes.

Yikes!  Never fun...

I'll be on holiday in the UK (including a wedding in Staffordshire of all places...) the beginning of September if you need any parts etc from Los Angeles.

P.S. The 6x SMQA's + VR Field I purchased from you a while back has been holding up great!