Replacing the earpads on Remote Audio HN7506

soundmanjohn

I have replaced my earpads on my HN7506 headphones three times. The first time it took me about 2 hours. The third time I did it in about 2 minutes. I consider myself an expert in this procedure now. 

The trick is to hold the headphone so that you are looking down onto its speaker-side, or the black cloth that covers the speaker. Now, position the earpad over the speaker. Hold the headphone and earpad together with one hand, but don't press them together yet -- you're just holding them somewhat loosely together at this stage.

With your other hand, insert your index finger through earpad pointing away from you toward the speaker. Move this finger toward one inside "corner" of the earpad. With the tip of that finger, feel for that plastic flap on the underside of the earpad that will stretch over the rim of the headphone. The way you are holding the headphone and earpad, you can't see this flap because it's on the side facing away from you. 

With that finger, push open the flap on the earpad and push it over the rim of the headphone. With the other hand that is holding the headphone and earpad, use a few fingers to press the flap in place against the rim of the headphones.

Now, slowly sweep your index finger that is under the flap around the inside of the flap, in a motion like sweeping cookie dough out of a mixing bowl as a little kid might do, stretching it over the rim as you go. As you do this, adjust the fingers of your other hand so that they continually press the flap against the rim. When your index finger sweeps around the whole circumference, you will have stretched the entire flap of the earpad over the rim of the heaphone. 

There. Easy! (Just kidding, it's a major hassle, but it will get easier with practice.)

Thanks to all for this: I did seriously consider a tea-spoon, a throwback to the days of fitting a new tyre to my bike and not having tyre levers. My mother soon put a stop to that one.

I shall persevere with the detailed instructions and let you know how I get on.

Regards,

John