K-Tek Now shipping the Stingray Junior!

dfisk

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wish I knew about this a few weeks ago... :[    looks fantastic! 

do you have any photos of the bag with mixer/receivers inside? 

If you click on the link it'll take you to the main product page and you'll see the product video that shows that. 

saw the video, but it wasn't really clear what's possible for configurations in the bag. could one fit 3SRB/slot receivers in the main section with a 633? Or is the outside "underpants" section meant for the receivers? 

also whats' the price? couldn't find one. 

Our beta testers have put 3 dual receivers (the Lectro SRB) in the main compartment with the recorder. You can also put receivers in the outside part if you like, or your battery distribution system, or camera hop tx, or ifb tx, or whatever you want, really. 

List price is $249. 

some time after today

From the Supreme ruler of Space, Time, and Dimension that's exceptionally modest...... :)

Very nice junior, not quite sure what the kickstand does? Like a motorbike for keeping it upright when stationary?

Edited by pindrop

From the Supreme ruler of Space, Time, and Dimension that's exceptionally modest...... :)

Very nice junior, not quite sure what the kickstand does? Like a motorbike for keeping it upright when stationary?

WOW! You still remember my name bag from that trade show from 2 years ago. Nice!

The kick stand serves two purposes, really.

If you are doing a sit down interview and you have the bag on a table you can deploy the kickstand to angle the bag up at you to make everything easier to see. Also, if you are just going to set the bag down in general you can deploy it to help keep the bag upright and not laying flat on the ground. So yes, kind of like a motorbike. 

WOW! You still remember my name bag from that trade show from 2 years ago. Nice!

The kick stand serves two purposes, really.

If you are doing a sit down interview and you have the bag on a table you can deploy the kickstand to angle the bag up at you to make everything easier to see. Also, if you are just going to set the bag down in general you can deploy it to help keep the bag upright and not laying flat on the ground. So yes, kind of like a motorbike. 

I definitely like this idea for interviews. I've often put something under the bag to tilt it towards me, and it's never quite right. 

The kick stand is just on the Junior bag.

The reasons the main storage compartments are on the side of the are:
-Physics - The more weight you put further away from your body the more physical work your body has to do. Having the main storage compartment out front makes the bag more front heavy. This is not good. The idea with the Stingray bags is to keep as much weight up close to your body as possible.

-It is easier to get to the stuff in your storage pockets when they are on the side of the bag instead of in the front. 

-Having two main storage pockets on the sides actually adds the actual volume of storage you can have on the bag than if it was just up front. 

-If we put the storage compartment on the front of the bag then people would complain how big the bag is from front to back.