Betso SBOX-1N, working well.

Derek H

Betso's new banner ad caught my eye and I thought I would add a quick praise for their TC generator. I own two of them and they've been great so far. 

They are small, sturdy, accurate, have a really great screen / menu, and Betso's service has been top shelf. Plus they have a few great features like power-on and jam when you plug a BNC in.

I was having a small issue with cross-jamming and had to get in touch with Betso. Through a few emails they quickly understood my problem and also determined the cause. Unfortunately, they had to go back to the factory in Czech Republic but they provided me a shipping label, did the work at no charge, and had the units back to me in less than one week. Probably the quickest service I've ever had on any gear. This was an area I was worried about since they are not US based.

Anyway that's all. No, I'm not paid by them.

They're just very nice TC generators. 

I have a Denecke and worked with a Betso on a show in Penn. a multi-camera football show (Friday Night Tykes) we would hang them on the cameras that would go 'off speed' at times. I was impressed with it and it's on my list to buy. I really like the size and display. You don't have to carry around a jammed slate to check cameras anymore.

Thanks

Allen

I've been using two myself for over a year now.  I've had lockits and Denecke boxes before but I've never been happier than with my Betso boxes! NiMH batteries last days in them and they hold so solid that I don't even bother rejamming at lunch. Can't beat the price either! 

I had some issues with the first model, but customer service was good, upgrading the box to the newer version, at no cost to me. I too enjoy not having to hunt the slate down, every time I need to check timecode. In most cases, I can even use the two BNC connectors, as a site, to eyeball the timecode on camera, while simultaneously seeing matching TC on the Betso. If only everything worked so well. 

I love my Betso's... easily one of my favorite gear buys of the last two years. S-O-L-I-D... kit. Their antenna are now on my list... hell everything they MAKE is on my list. These TC boxes are so good I have no idea why anyone buys anything else (unless you need tri-level, but aside from that).

I jokingly said to a friend of mine... if Betso made a mixer I'd probably buy one.

It takes roughly the first ONE minute of use to realize how great these are... then at the end of the day when you see how it held... um... sold. (I have 3 of 'em).

Oh yeah... almost forgot... the Tig comes in a cardboard box. The Betso comes in a nice protective case... so even before the first minute of use you get warm fuzzies.

Edited by MattinSTL

Am I the only one who wonders where the hell Betso came from? When I bought my first TC box I thought, "Czech Republic?!"... but ordered anyway... well... whatever... because whoever is behind this company... they are doing everything right.

I wouldn't say I've been disappointed with every significant sound purchase... but I am surprised how much stuff I buy that's not ready for prime-time... meanwhile Betso is a brand-spanking new company hitting 500' home-runs out of the park.

Edited by MattinSTL

I am a daily visitor of this forum and rarely or never I give my opinion mostly because my English writing is not very good (thank's to Google translator) but I really like Betso products and I wanted to Share my experience I have six SBOX-1N and two Sharkie antennas I use it in any kind of situation mostly In hidden camera show and they work like a charm I also exchange a couple of mail with Jan from Betso excellent service and very fast response.

I recommended their product and I can not wait they come out with a new thing

• 1 month later...

So I randomly am getting an issue with Betso box.  It won't show any generated timecode and a lot of the menus say "Dummy" for the fields you can select.  Anyone know about this issue?  I tried contacting Betso support via their website but I haven't had any replies (sent a message 5+ days ago).  Anyone know of a direct email I could use to contact them?

So I randomly am getting an issue with Betso box.  It won't show any generated timecode and a lot of the menus say "Dummy" for the fields you can select.  Anyone know about this issue?  I tried contacting Betso support via their website but I haven't had any replies (sent a message 5+ days ago).  Anyone know of a direct email I could use to contact them?

Email Jan Zastera directly, he'll take care of you:
info@betso.eu

Additionally, you could try going through the usual suspect you used to buy the unit.

Email Jan Zastera directly, he'll take care of you

True words indeed!  I emailed him at damn near midnight according to his timezone and he still replied less than an hour later with a solution that fixed it in about 5 seconds!  For future reference, if you need to "reset" the unit for any reason, his words of advice were, "Try to do SW reset. Turn SBOX-1 off,remove batteries,put them back and hold !! all three !! buttons together for 5s. Screen should be black in this 5s. After that it will start normally with resetted SW. It should help!"

Just curious. Since I love the erx route for its Timecode and scratch audio in one / ifb.  What's the deal with the betso.  What does it have that's making it popular.  I just can't imagine a better rig than an erx.  

Well it is just a timecode box but for <$500 USD it's proven to be a highly accurate, well built little device. I can't tell you how many people I know including camera department folks have bought one upon seeing how great mine all are. 

I have a Denecke and worked with a Betso on a show in Penn. a multi-camera football show (Friday Night Tykes) we would hang them on the cameras that would go 'off speed' at times. I was impressed with it and it's on my list to buy. I really like the size and display. You don't have to carry around a jammed slate to check cameras anymore.

Thanks

Allen

Now I have one and after two weeks of daily use- love it.

Allen