Lectrosonics LR/LT

audiofp

I have two pairs of LT/LRs and after using them two weeks I have a question.  The LR scan seems optimized for only one channel.  I settled on turning all transmitters off during the first scan.  Then, leave the first transmitter on and do a scan for the second channel and so on.  Seems to work and FreqFinder hasn't reported any IM conflicts yet.

Question:  Are IM products somehow calculated in the above scenario?  Sennheiser G3 scan lists consist of bands that are IM compatible but this doesn't seem to be the case with the L-series.  It'd be nice to not have to do the FreqFinder step.

He's probably awaken, but got something different on the agenda...

I certainly hope that's the case.  I guess I was talking to his successor.

Two transmitters are not enough to have to consider intermodulation

The question goes beyond a specific # of channels.  Is IM in the scan calc?  It returns a winning frequency but what criteria?  

Gordon Moore is now the President at Lectro, and a member of this forum. Karl Winkler, VP of Sales, is also an active member of this forum.

I remember one of them mentioning on another thread that they had decided to remove their advertisement banner on this forum, for some reason or another, but that they intend to remain active members.

I'm happy that Larry has decided to enjoy the retired life, instead of spending most of his time here. The man deserves it. I'm sure once the dust settles, he'll come back and participate again.

Hi everyone!

As we speak, Larry is pushing the pedal hard on a Porsche in Switzerland, tempting the Swiss police with visions of big tickets dancing in their heads.   We are setting aside bail money :^).   He also assures me that, when not burning up dinosaurs, he is exercising the hammock vigorously.

The intermod calculations only kick into effect when you have three or more transmitters involved.  In smaller setups, the scan and set method works well - I've done as many as 12 channels that way although it takes about 3-4 minutes per channel between scanning, setting the transmitter, chasing down the kid, getting it set for levels and keep the mother of the kid from thinking I'm a pervert.  

The L series is quicker with that method since the IR synch makes pairing the units easier.

The New Endian app really helps take away that pain for larger scale setups and lets you preset things before the day begins.  Then a quick scan on each pre-coordinated channel with transmitters off helps confirm the channels are clear.  

Gordon