I'm Loving Countryman...

ptalsky

Jeff, not sure if you want this here or under manufacturer's, though I have no tie to Countryman other than I've recently had a great experience with them I wanted to share...

I recently picked up a used B6 (used only once and and only on Sunday by a little old lady in Pasadena....yeah, we've all heard it...) but it was a good deal, not stolen (I had the serial number checked) and so I picked it up (really good deal...$120).  So, I took it into Countryman (they're about 10 minutes from my house up here) to get it re-plugged and tested.  I also purchased one of their nifty pouches (since it came with no accessories).  In 10 minutes, they tested it, re-plugged it, and gave me a set of caps, windscreen and clips all for $40 ($30 for re-plugging, $10 for the case) and didn't even charge me sales tax.  On top of that, they extended the warranty on it for a year.  And, the ladies behind the counter there were exceptionally nice, too.

There just seems to be a group of vendors that are menches (sp?) ....good folk to work with and I wanted to share.  We always hear about how great Sound Devices is (and they are really good people too), but don't hear much about my new friends and Countryman.  (And just to repeat, I have no ties to them, and get no compensation from them or discounts, or any of the usual blah blah blah...just a happy customer).

Have a great weekend everyone...We're finally getting sun here in Northern CA.  Yay!

Phil