AA Battery holders

Marc Hoppe

What are you guys using to carry rechargeable batteries?  I've been using these yellow ones, which are fine for alkalines, but the pointed nub eventually tears the wrapping on the rechargeables with repeated use.

I bought several of these other cheap carriers from the Container Store, but they are pretty poor construction and 2 have already broke on me.

Looking forward to see what others are using.

Marc

]

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Marc Hoppe

Interesting find Eric- I'll have to look into that. THough I was looking for something smaller, say a 12 pack holder rather

than a place for all my batts at once.

Jason, those are the same exact ones, but I find them damaging the ends of the batteries.  Have you noticed any nicks on the ends of your eneloops?  

I had the same problem with those holders damaging the ends of the batteries.  I ground the nubs down with a dremel tool.  Don't go too far or they'll fall out, but there is a happy medium...  I like those holders better than the ones that come with the batteries, cause you can put empty batteries in backwards to show their state of charge and they come out one by one instead of a opening a cover that releases all 4 at once.

Cheers,

Brent Calkin

I use these from Ansmann:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00007MFUD/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1442990500&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=ansmann+battery+box&dpPl=1&dpID=41LL92lMtcL&ref=plSrch

I tried various other options, but these seem to be best at combining low price with decent stability. They hold 8 AAs or AAAs. Six or seven if them fit perfectly into a Peli 1120 which in turn fits perfectly into the side pocket of my Pacsafe rucksack, which is the only bag I need to take out of my car at home. The Peli case also holds two Tentacles and a couple of other small bits. For the moment this works really well for me. 

Thanks Brent.  I thought about doing that with a dremel tool as well, good to know.  I tried clipping the tab off of one and that's exactly what happened- it fell right out.  I'll give that a shot.

Thanks for that link Constantin- I thought I thoroughly searched Amazon but htat's the first I saw of these.

I have been using these inexpensive little 4 packs that come in a variety of different colors.  Easy to keep some handy in all types of situations, and they stay closed and protected.  They have all types of amounts if you look around the site

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30-YELLOW-AA-AAA-BATTERY-BATTERY-PLASTIC-STORAGE-CASE-HOLDER-BOX-USA-SHIP-/201414776485?hash=item2ee54196a5

30 YELLOW AA AAA BATTERY BATTERY PLASTIC STORAGE CASE HOLDER BOX USA SHIP

I also use the powerpax holders. Twelve and four pack. Been using them a couple of years now and they haven't damaged any of my batteries. They are orange, so maybe(?) slightly different plastic. Their 9v holder did damage my Ipowers however.

Jason where did you find your AA holders in Australia. I've only seen them for crazy prices lately. Oh and I hope the batteries are all flat in your photo or we have a completely different system and it may be for the best we don't share.

I switched to these holders for the same reason as everyone else. The old ones were tearing up the ends on each battery. These cases have worked well so far. There is a bit of resistance when the battery is seated that keeps the battery snug. I'm now in the habit of squeezing the case as i put the battery so that contact won't cause the same wear on the battery as with the other case.  So far so good...

http://www.amazon.com/Modular-Battery-Case-Tactical-Medic/dp/B00BHST9EM/ref=sr_1_33?ie=UTF8&qid=1443022812&sr=8-33&keywords=AA+battery+case

Jason where did you find your AA holders in Australia. I've only seen them for crazy prices lately. Oh and I hope the batteries are all flat in your photo or we have a completely different system and it may be for the best we don't share.

Google took me to a site called Zoxoro Megastore or something. They were a little pricey actually, $30 each or something but I needed to replace my old Powerex ones in a hurry. 

Since I've only been using the Storacell ones for a few weeks there hasn't been any damage but I have been a little concerned...

Oh, and yes, they were all fresh so looks like our brains are wired a little differently haha

Edited by JDirckze

Peeling off the battery sheathing can create problems when the battery compartment is electrically conductive, at least with the Powerex Imedions I am using.

Cheers,

Brent Calkin

Could you explain this better (since I'm using Imedions too and some batteries has the sheathing peeled off)?

Thanks Jason. That is around the same price mark I have found them. The joys of our dollar being so crap at the moment.

this is presently on ebay,  and the seller is in your neck of the woods:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CONDOR-Battery-Case-Holder-Storage-Box-US1017-AAA-AA-CR2-CR123-Made-in-USA-/221803429151?var=&hash=item33a483bd1f