batts for SMQV, UCR

Fritz

If your only two choices are lithiums and regular batteries, I'd take lithiums, too. 

If your choice would include rechargeables, then that is the way to go. It's not just better for the environment, they last pretty long, too (the good ones, anyway) and are much cheaper and you get probably charge productions more for them than lithiums. Per used battery, anyway. 

What gives me peace if mind is the battery indicator on my receivers

in any case, do you guys have a brand fave for both batt and re-charger?

yes, Eneloop XXX black. In the Sennheiser Ek300, which I have on the camera,  they last at least a whole day, without switching off for lunch. 

Charger. I use the Tensai Genius 16 bay charger and a Varta 8 bay. The latter has a USB port, so it charges my Tentacles. I can charge 56 batteries over night, so I could go for two whole days without recharging and whenever I get tx back, I'll put in fresh ones, just for safety. Something I'd probably avoid with the expensive lithiums.

I will use rechargeable in anything BUT Radio mics...  NEVER in my Radio mics..  The steep fall off in power and explaining why we need another take are just 2 reasons why...  

The used Liths. go off for recycling... I don't see an issue here... and shed no tears.... 

Our job and getting rehired, like many jobs, depend on keeping a low profile, doing a great job and NOT having any issues or being the brunt of a frustrated director...  Using the Lithium batteries definitely helps to minimize failures due to batteries going south...  It also frees up my brain from having to constantly WATCH power levels or maintain a mental or written list of when they went into service that day and when I need to swap them out....  Sorry, but I for one have better things to do... but as always in life and on this forum...to each their own...  Until my method fails me...I am sticking with it...

• 3 weeks later...