DPA - Slim

Jeff Wexler

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clear plastic buttonhole tube please! Will match all colors.

My beta is clear.

Rado are the screens ok?

I had someone mention on a job recently the screen fell off on the demo.

I know about that one. This was addressed in the very beginning. Screens have been improved since then. This is way DPA beta test before the mic goes to the market. So when the mic goes to you it is perfect... (:

Edited by RadoStefanov

I actually thought I had successfully prevented the use of emoticons on this site (I'm not a fan). Guess not. I am the only one who doesn't really like emoticons?

Those are technically emoji, which I could take or leave. I'm happy using the standard emoticon ;)

Which doesn't display. It would be better to either disable it completely so standard text emoticons can display, or just allow emojis. The question mark is a little strange.

Edited by Jeremiah Sheets

• 8 months later...
30 minutes ago, VAS said:

I have asked DPA, but I haven't heard back.

DPA has accessories to support Slim series for outside of clothes placement?

Thanks

a 4063 version of the slim would be handy, for optimal zax use

Thanks, Rado!

Maybe I need to be more specific. I don't want the concealer must be visible in frame. I am referring to jobs like TV News were the lavaliers are clipped on clothes. Can this work with Slim?

http://www.dpamicrophones.com/accessories/clip-for-dscreet

Yes of course it can work. Why not? However, there is no wind protection of any kind for this mic that I know of. So using it outside on the clothes is probably not ideal, unless in a studio or something.

I have recently received 2 of the Slims to work with my TRXLA2.

On the noise issue, I really can't affirm that there is more noise or less dynamic range than the 4063 in the same transmitters. Yes there undeniably is a slight but audible hiss when the levels are pushed, as far as I can tell, just as much as with the 4063. However, in a full digital environment (TRXLA-RX12-AES-Nomad), this hiss could originate from a number of factors and their combination.

I am not 100% sold on the concealer tube provided with the DPA slims. Sure, it works and gave me usable results on starchy business shirts but not as good as the old poke-the-mic-behind-the-button technique. It is good when working with button/shirt colors that my mics can't match.

The flat form factor makes it very friendly to use with tighter tee-shirts and women's tops. 

All in all, I'm happy, so are my clients and Zaxcom/DPA couple is still the best wireless sound I've ever heard. 

9 hours ago, Constantin said:

Yes of course it can work. Why not? However, there is no wind protection of any kind for this mic that I know of. So using it outside on the clothes is probably not ideal, unless in a studio or something.

You can use the slim "like any other mic" with foam and fur.

P.S. I apologies for taking it so personal when people talk about my baby... (:

18 hours ago, Constantin said:

Hi Constantin,

Yes, I am referring for studio work.

Thanks a lot!

9 hours ago, RadoStefanov said:

Hi Rado,

Thanks again!

:)

Of course. But there is no wind protection made specifically for the slim, right?

No worries about protecting your baby. Nothing wrong with that! I love your baby, too! (That sounds a bit weird...)

9 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Of course. But there is no wind protection made specifically for the slim, right?

No worries about protecting your baby. Nothing wrong with that! I love your baby, too! (That sounds a bit weird...)

😊 I buy bubblebee fur pieces and just cut my own with bubblebee invisible or top stick...

8 hours ago, RadoStefanov said:

😊 I buy bubblebee fur pieces and just cut my own with bubblebee invisible or top stick...

Do you find this better than overcovers?,  seems like the bubbebee is even more wind resistant and softer?

What about horrible scratchy costumes, do you find 4 squares of this around the mic help quiet it down?

31 minutes ago, Prahlad Strickland said:

Do you find this better than overcovers?,  seems like the bubbebee is even more wind resistant and softer?

What about horrible scratchy costumes, do you find 4 squares of this around the mic help quiet it down?

bubble bee fur is great. I have different sizes precut and ready to go for different on clothing applications.it is cool because you can reuse them.