Signing Off

NewEndian

Hi folks. I've decided to leave the forums. It is my personal belief that most people in the world (at least in my limited exposure to it) take too much liberty in their assertions: make biased or illogical claims and do not show the humility that should be inherent in being human. I also believe that the best way to come to the correct conclusions is through the uninhibited "marketplace of ideas" that this forum has proven to be. But I am tired of fighting. At times it has become both an obsession and a real practice in patience and humility, but it has not always been best for me.

It would be hypocritical for me not to say that I too am subject to the same biases, particularly, in this case, of loss aversion and the availability heuristic. That is to say that of course the bad conversations are remembered more than the good. I don't recommend leaving for everyone. Just for myself, right now.

That said, those of you who know me know that it is very important that I address meaningfully and speedily all of my users concerns, comments, and questions. But this will no longer be a venue to do so. I encourage anyone who so wishes to reach out to me at newendian@gmail.com. I believe fully in the ever progress of our craft, and whatever stumbles I make along the way will always be in search of a better future.

Sincerely,
James

Really sorry to hear that, and I hope you change your mind. Im sure youll remember how raucous was the acrimony during the "society and the planet" flame-wars...nothing seems that intolerable here anymore (even the reflective one can be adapted to).

Thank you for your excellent product and your wonderful contributions. I really hope you find your way back.

Best,

Steven