Working a Green Screen Gig? No Problem!

Ze Frias

All this green mic stuff is pretty superfluous.  Unless the mic is in front of the talent it can easily be removed with a Garbage matte in any green screen setup.

It doesn't matter if the mic is silver, pink or whatever color. As long as  it is not in front of or casting a shadow on any non-green props or actors it is good to go.

All this green mic stuff is pretty superfluous.  Unless the mic is in front of the talent it can easily be removed with a Garbage matte in any green screen setup.

... and it it *is* in front of the talent you have much worse things to worry about then whether it's green or black   ; )

the only moment where it would make some kind of sense if the mic would be behind the talent, and usually this becomes manual roto job too because of the unevenness of the mic rig.

chris

It doesn't matter if the mic is silver, pink or whatever color. As long as  it is not in front of or casting a shadow on any non-green props or actors it is good to go.

I see the chroma-green being useful for location shoots, rather than on a green screen. It would be easily to pluck the green boom from a wide shot exterior. 

Cheers,

Evan

I guess sarcasm is a lost art I'm no longer good at. Perhaps I never was. :-)

I agree, but to play devil's advocate, and to quote Simon Hayes regarding greensleeve, which I think does apply to this:

The Greensleeve was born from a necessity to get the highest possible quality production sound when working on CGI film sets.

>>Our product allows boom poles to cross real foreground elements on the set due to its chromakey colour, making it possible to remove along with the green or blue screens we shoot against<<. This leads to closer micing and richer production dialogue while capturing original performances.

AND:Screen_Shot_2015-10-07_at_10.56.12_PM.th

• 3 months later...