Lectrosonics UFM230L Powering

echo

Hey there,

I am thinking of getting a UFM230L so that I can use a Lectro 4 way passive rf splitter without losing gain. I was just wondering what my powering options would be. I would want to put the UFM230L near the antenna. Would it be possible to use 9vs?

Cheers

Yes, the UFM230L can be powered from a 9V battery or a pair wired in parallel (not in series, because the max voltage the unit can accept is 16V, while the minimum voltage is 8V). At 8V, the unit draws about 130 mA, so a typical alkaline 9V battery (565 mAH) would run about 4 hours, two batteries in parallel would run 8-9 hrs. The DC power jack we use is the same as on the Venue, i.e. 2.1mm center pin. We make a right angle connector/pigtails cable PN# 21746 ($12.15) that could be made into an assembly together with 9V battery terminals that would work well in this application.

Yes, the UFM230L can be powered from a 9V battery or a pair wired in parallel (not in series, because the max voltage the unit can accept is 16V, while the minimum voltage is 8V). At 8V, the unit draws about 130 mA, so a typical alkaline 9V battery (565 mAH) would run about 4 hours, two batteries in parallel would run 8-9 hrs. The DC power jack we use is the same as on the Venue, i.e. 2.1mm center pin. We make a right angle connector/pigtails cable PN# 21746 ($12.15) that could be made into an assembly together with 9V battery terminals that would work well in this application.

@ "Echo" ... 'Food for thought'? (Though, just to be obviously clear ... For your application, you would use 'karlw's: "2.1mm center pin.")

IMG-20130103-00195.jpg

IMG-20130103-00194.jpg

Fused internally, w/ 1 amp polyfuse (ymmv)

IMG-20130103-00197.jpg

Edit; afterthought - fwiw - If I ever decide to make another one of these "Plan B" powering solutions ...

(With some bench-testing, as the following idea is, so far, an un-proven concept, on my part.) -

I would make it a 'split top' - So, that - I could possibly remove at least 2 of the batteries during use - for a 'hot swap,' if you will?  -

All depending on whether ... The dis-connection or, re-connection of (any of) the 9 volt battery(s) might cause some noise, or other problems, to be introduced?

(Thus the aforementioned "bench -testing" first! For my applications. Ymmv.)