Ambient V-Slot

gavin

Hi Mate,

I use the V-slot every day with Srb links. It works perfectly and makes jumping on any ENG camera a matter of seconds.

Only one problem so far:

Some of the older Sony F800 have worn V-lock pins at the back. This will make the connection loose between battery/v-slot/camera and the camera will shut down if the battery is bumped/moved. Not a happy time on ENG/reality gig when that happens. This is not actually a V-slot issue but the camos will never admit to that. It seems to happen more often with camos using the big doubled-up 190Wh Batteries that would have pulled hard on the pins over time.

I recommend shaking/jiggling the battery every time and check for intempestive reboots. Have a alternative rigging solution ready if it happens. In 2 years it has happened to me only a couple times so no big sweat, just something to be aware of.

Edited by David Marien

Yep, works great... It's a slot- for cameras that don't make their own.  Anything in particular you want to know?

The one I used on an Amira mated with the Lectro SR UNI bottom Plate.  It has cables that go out to plug into the camera and the power is supplied off the battery.   Nice rig.

Cheers,

Brent Calkin

Depending on what output plate you have on your receiver you may have to factor in the Sony D plate purchase  to interface with the ambient slot.

I use a Hawkwood interplate that allows me to have my SRb with Batsled ride on it all the time so I can throw it on a non V-Lock cam with a cheese plate.

The Ambient looks bigger and heavier than the Hawkwood solution, lighter is always more welcomed by the camera op... 

FWIW

Currently I s there anything that can be powered by Anton Bauer? I would like to use this for an Amira. 

I use this bracket from IDX when I need to rig Zaxcom links + Lockit box (will never need to do this again with my RX200 in the mail !)

http://idxtek.com/products/mwr/

AMWR-Web-Product-Image-500-x-400.png

It has the Anton Bauer D-tap out and you can slide back/remove the back plate if the AC doesn't like it.

Great product but not cheap.

Currently I s there anything that can be powered by Anton Bauer? I would like to use this for an Amira. 

Sorry for jumping in late, but the AmiraSlot  AMS-AB could fit that bill. Ships end of November, pre-orders accepted through our dealers. Maybe a little over the top and definitely not cheap but I thought I'd let you know.

If that's too much of self advertisement, please apologize and give me a heads up to remove it.

Sorry for jumping in late, but the AmiraSlot  AMS-AB could fit that bill. Ships end of November, pre-orders accepted through our dealers. Maybe a little over the top and definitely not cheap but I thought I'd let you know.

If that's too much of self advertisement, please apologize and give me a heads up to remove it.

Thanks for making me aware of this, Klaus.  I'm a bit scared when the manufacturer says "definitely not cheap", though- especially as it's specific to one camera