The Senator is ALIVE !!!

atheisticmystic

Mikes posts are important because as more and more people new to the business make their presence known, they fail to grasp the simplest concepts of being involved in a technical field. And that is quite simple: do your own research, read the manual, and contact those whom can help you best; the manufacturer. Also, sometimes it is not the tool but he/she who weilds it. If you expect to work in a technican field and be taken seriously, being able to do your own googling should be the least of requirements. The inability of which to do even that makes guys who can do basic soldering look like demigods, and we all know that any Utility must be able to do that. Senator, you were often annoying and overbearing, but you carried an important message that needs to be reinforced. Come back, and maybe just be a little more tactful. 

His work is done here - he has planted the seeds and those who want have learned - and those who don't want to never will.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His work is done here - he has planted the seeds and those who want have learned - and those who don't want to never will.

There's some truth in that. Seems he's already well on his way to becoming a legendary presence here on JWSound, only mentioned in hushed tones, by those in the know....
"You remember the good old days when the SM stalked the threads ready to pounce on anyone who had the temerity to ask a question deemed 'not good enough', with strange coded references to a hat"

I concede he was quite dedicated as a self appointed policeman........

But for some real controversy, Oleg was way more entertaining and useful....... :)

Edited by pindrop

Michaels' battle is with ignorance.  He wants people to think for themselves, and his style is caustic and badgering.  Once I realized that, what had seemed personal attacks became instructional, useful, and even life-changing counsel.  I haven't been on this board for a while and to learn he left saddens me.

His battle will never, ever end, but he has certainly won some good fights here.

Dan Izen

P.S.  You're still a pussy if you don't use you're real name!

6 hours ago, Izen Ears said:

Michaels' battle is with ignorance.  He wants people to think for themselves, and his style is caustic and badgering.  Once I realized that, what had seemed personal attacks became instructional, useful, and even life-changing counsel.  I haven't been on this board for a while and to learn he left saddens me.

His battle will never, ever end, but he has certainly won some good fights here.

Dan Izen

P.S.  You're still a pussy if you don't use you're real name!

The battle he might have won, was with himself, to resist compulsively posting the same thing, over and over and over again, and trampling on discussion in a discussion forum? Well done Mike........

But of course anyone is free to start a new religion with him as the messiah if that does it for them? :)

3 hours ago, Jack Norflus said:

Though if people took his "words of wisdom" and didn't post the same questions over and over again . . . .

But the thing is they mostly don't, it's a complete myth, an answer looking for a problem.

I have no trouble selecting what I want to read, as I say 95% of the time from subject headers. Trouble was 'the senator' would litter the forum with dozens of posts every day, mostly with nothing much useful or entertaining to say, just the same old repetitive stuff, which was tedious, and a nuisance, because subjects which were of interest, had his litter all over them....... I know individuals can be blocked to some extent, but then there were the responses to his 'contributions' which would derail topics, and make them nonsensical, so the attempted cure was much worse than the disease.....

Many who've met him, hold him in great affection it seems, but his style of contribution here, was a liability, which IMHO, the forum is much better off without.

Do you think the forum needs people on narrow personal crusades? I don't.....

Now if he could come back and restrain himself somewhat, I'm sure his quite extensive knowledge would be helpful.......

1 hour ago, John Blankenship said:

Ironic that in denouncing a former highly active participant's repetition, a current user is now guilty of the same. 

Haha! Yes I noticed that too, but you MIGHT also notice only in ONE relevant thread.

NOT scattered throughout the forum day in day out ........ :).

So, neither so much ironic NOR guilty.......

Just opposing a trend to sainthood, but I notice I'm in something of a minority, so maybe it's something American to just love that kind of thing,......:)

18 minutes ago, old school said:

I like Mike and have for years. I found his compulsion to comment on everything funny, annoying, not useful, at times needed, unrelenting in a good and bad ways. I doubt anyone will ever change their minds about him so why waste so much time and energy on this topic?

CrewC

True enough about fixed minds, but it's kind of amusing to oppose mythology in the making, and a seeming trend to try get him back complete with his old habits, as I genuinely did find it annoying.  I'd come here sometimes and nearly every single topic would have a hat picture, with an invariably highly predictable comment, boring and not helpful to this otherwise generally interesting forum.