Questions and thoughts on the Sony DWX digital wireless system

Grant

Hi everyone,

I have just installed and started operating a Sony refurb kit, and have added the DWT-P01 'cube' transmitter. My tests for distance and non-line of sight at 10mW are impressive. Clearly the best wireless set that I now own.

I am wondering if anyone has found a better level of impact protection for the DWT-P01 than the stock slip-on cover provides? The standard cover is quite thin and looks like it will be quite unlikely to save this transmitter in the event a correspondent (or myself) drops it to the ground from waist-height. I would regard it as providing dust protection only - a commonsense assessment.

I'm curious about something else - does anyone know if there's any compatibility between components of this (DWX) system and the components of the Sony UWP system? It would be a cost-effective way to build out some capability and risk management (transmitters) if this interchangeability did exist.

I sigh every time I have to attempt a firmware update (or for that matter any other type of information gathering) from Sony and other similar sites. I could not for the life of me determine if this kit had current firmware installed; eventually found out that it did not. I had a contact at Sony who kindly sent me the current updater files, and at the end of this long trail, I discover that only PC owners can install them. (As a Mac user, as soon as you see 'Wizard' you know it's game over). I am guessing that staying with earlier firmware will be fine, but it's a loop I would have liked to close if possible.

Cheers - Grant.

www.gpi.tv

• 2 years later...

On 10/25/2015 at 5:07 AM, Grant said:

I'm curious about something else - does anyone know if there's any compatibility between components of this (DWX) system and the components of the Sony UWP system? It would be a cost-effective way to build out some capability and risk management (transmitters) if this interchangeability did exist.

Digging up an old zombie thread, as I too am wondering, what is the compatibility between the Sony DWX and UWP series?