Deva II Help!

mr.incandenza

Of course, you need to boot the Deva with the DVD-RAM attached and powered up.  Does it recognize the drive OK when you do this?  I'm guessing from your original post that it does.

What disc (brand and speed) are you using?

If you have any existing discs that have been copied to in the past, are they recognized OK in the drive?

Also, make sure the copyright protection tab isn't engaged if it is a dvd-ram in a cartridge. Do you have other discs you have written to in the past you can format and try? If all else fails you can do a real time transfer into something like Pro Tools if you have an interface. I've done that. You just take the analog outs and plug them in the analog inputs on your PT rig, and make sure to take the TC out of the Deva and put that into the PT rig and have the PT rig sync to the Deva. It's been a LOOONG time since I've done that, so there could be something I'm missing in there. 

Do you have the correct type of DVD-RAM disk in the DVD-RAM drive?

Check the SCSI cable, or try another one.

Kindest,

sb

I got  Panasonic LM-AF120LE, I really don't know if it's compatibile but I can't figure out how it couldn't. I know there are DVD-RAM 1.0 (5.15GB) and DVD-RAM 2.0 (4.7GB) could be that the difference?

I got news... I tried to put a CF in the DEVA II (!!!) using a CF to IDE adapter and guess what... It works! I mean... It records and playbacks everything but when I take off the card from the DEVA and connect to my mac it shows a volume called DEVA but there is nothing inside.What you guys think? I'm thinking to use it as a backup machine but I need to understand if I can get the files out of the card first.