Little Micron

alexbooy

yes, I use Micron TX700's.  If you don't mind changing gain levels and channels with a small screwdriver... the TX700 gets the job done.  An alkaline  9v battery will run for over 10 hours.  That's a big plus!  The DDR700 or SDR770 receivers are also nice.

Are Microns still for sale? I thought the company was officially over. 

They are still in business and relatively quite popular in the Netherlands because one big "usual suspect" is promoting them a lot, thus another big rental house is renting them out a lot.

i have a couple of them in the 800 MHz range, they are getting useless in the Netherlands due to recent changes in the spectrum (this band is used by 4G now) but still happily use them here in Istanbul without problems.

Vincent and this 'usual suspect' is what rental house in The Netherlands?I have two of the bigger (bodypack) Microns that are living in the 302 bag that are in 500 mHz: only use them very rarely, but they work fine/great!Sorry Alex:not the small ones,but I guess they work the same.For really small in daily use I switched to 'ultra small' and bought SMV's and SSM's (Lectro: in use with a 688 with SL 6 with 3 SRB's)GRTZ David C

Are Microns still for sale? I thought the company was officially over. 

Tanky bought the micron part of the business from the parent company (audio engineering) who went bust.  They're now http://www.micronwireless.co.uk/
still going, although Aldo who did a lot of the design started Audio Wireless.  None of these companies are the same as Audio ltd, Audio Developments or Audio Related Technologies...

Hey Richard,since Tanky took over not a lot has happened in their bodyback/receiver line...the products are still the same as say 8 years ago...

Tanky took over fairly recently (maybe in the last 12 months), although I think the lack of development may be more down to Aldo leaving a few years ago.  The small TX mentioned here is only a couple of years old or so (?)

They said they were working on a digital system a while back but I don't know if that was put on hold with them going bust...

Vincent and this 'usual suspect' is what rental house in The Netherlands?I have two of the bigger (bodypack) Microns that are living in the 302 bag that are in 500 mHz: only use them very rarely, but they work fine/great!Sorry Alex:not the small ones,but I guess they work the same.For really small in daily use I switched to 'ultra small' and bought SMV's and SSM's (Lectro: in use with a 688 with SL 6 with 3 SRB's)GRTZ David C

Matthijsen is the usual suspect and both dutchview (or how they call themselves these days) as well as United are providing them with the Eng kits.

We could probably go longer but to be safe we change out the AAA at lunch. This is to protect against those days we hit the FOX 14...

Thanks - yeah i generally do the same.

I did have a play with the mini TX700S, its like a chirstmas tree decoration, tiny and more functionality than the previous transmitters - remote and variable power output and still 5v bias. The thing for me is that the mini Audio Wireless transmitter is the same price, similar size, has compatible FE3GN companding and you will soon be getting an extra 200mhz of bandwidth ( covering both uk channel 38 and 65) so i will probably wait for those. I am making a gentle transition over to Audio wireless from Micron but to be honest my Microns are working fine and most of my work is in the UK . I just haven't felt to need to rush into anything.This is especially true given the amount of new stuff coming out nowadays.  

Lisala

What I like about the Micron's is they are all Analog.. With that, I don't have any delay from the transmitter to receiver like the Lectro/Zax etc

This allows me to play around with the Input Delay on my 788 and really fine tune how I deal with Phasing between boom and lav's.. Been able to really dial that in and now have fewer issues than when I was all lectro plus the noise floor and limiter on the Micron are much smoother than others I've used..

Because of the connector I won't be using them as my front line Lav systems but for Boom, it will be a hard time pulling them from me!!

Interesting how you use them and that you don't like the connector. I quite like the mini lemo's but I did have a couple become disconnected on a job last week. I'm now using the bubble bee cable savers. 

I agree about the noise floor and the limiter, the sound works really well with my Sonosax mic amps - a couple of directors have commented to me on how clear they sound.

Lisala