any forum members using lebel-audio equipment

daniel

Interesting, but I see a few things that are red flags in my book:

-2.4 gHz, and only at 30mW power. My IFB100 operates at 100mW and I am constantly fighting Teradeks and Follow Focuses. 

-Internal rechargeable batteries mean limited lifespan and no ability to replace batteries when they run out on a long day. 

Not to mention thst, though these are less expensive than a Zaxcom system, they aren't really offering up anything new that is not already on the market. 

My .2

who else is? As you said, Zaxcom is more expensive, so it seems to me like they are offering something new

+1

And despite all the other very sophisticated TC boxes (tcb/ambient/tentacle etc) no one is doing a lightweight 1 box (each end) solution for sending a scratch track and sync to other departments. There is of course zaxcom ERX which is a great product but the 'zaxnet source' part of the equation makes it an entirely different proposition, imho. d

I like their 48v power solution design. Great for using it on the boom and probably very affordable. A much more compact alternative to the bulky Denecke.

and something else in between: http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/AR501.shtml

Given how much production sound has been recorded in mono with a decent condenser mic on the end of a pole i think it's incredible no one has yet made a small recorder you can plug straight into the bottom of 416 or other phantom powered mic. I look at the tascam dr-10x and wonder how much bigger it would need to be to have phantom power and wifi (will there be a dr-10x mark 2, Tom?) I don't really want to buy another mic (NTG4+) just to work with dr-10 so i've been looking at small phantom power units as well (but its not an ideal solution :-(.