zaxcom ERX3 With OLED display

Shastapete

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how much are these said upgrades?  Particularly for 742?

I got an email from Colleen with this info :  
" it's $125 for LA/LT including the labor and OLED screen or $150 for a 742" 

Previous ERX models cannot be upgraded due to DSP board changes.

I still wonder if the ERX could only have the OLED screen update, since the TRX LA/LT, ERX 1-2, QRX100-200-235 are basically all using the same LCD screen part number  

What do you mean more juice, Tom? I have my max volume set at around 11 so as clients don't blow their ears off.

I have a lot of producers who use their own personal IFB headsets or even ear buds, and even I feel the volume is too low, and I don't tend to monitor too loud myself.  Even with sensitive headsets, there are situations where I'd like more gain too.

I still wonder if the ERX could only have the OLED screen update, since the TRX LA/LT, ERX 1-2, QRX100-200-235 are basically all using the same LCD screen part number  

That is a very good question. Glenn?

I'd certainly spend the money on new screens even if I have to get new ERX for the locking connector and rubber volume pot.

That is a very good question. Glenn?

I'd certainly spend the money on new screens even if I have to get new ERX for the locking connector and rubber volume pot.

When I spoke to Colleen about it at AES, she said that it wasn't feasible, as they had to modify/change the PCB/DSP board to be able to fit the new OLED screen, the casing also required the screen window to be a bit bigger to fit, all of which is why the ERX 2 cannot be upgraded at all to the ERX 3

When I spoke to Colleen about it at AES, she said that it wasn't feasible, as they had to modify/change the PCB/DSP board to be able to fit the new OLED screen, the casing also required the screen window to be a bit bigger to fit, all of which is why the ERX 2 cannot be upgraded at all to the ERX 3

FWIW, I asked Colleen yesterday about a TRX 942/992 upgrade and got this response:

Unfortunately it won't go into those or the AA/900 models. It's a different set of chips on those circuit boards.

I more interested if the new cases will fit the erx1/2

I think the word I'm looking for is 'bugger'.

I feel like the Lectro owners when the backlit transmitters came out...

I think the word I'm looking for is 'bugger'.
I feel like the Lectro owners when the backlit transmitters came out...

Zaxcom has always been very accommodating with providing an upgrade path on all their products whenever possible.

The ERX1 was upgradable to an ERX2 but unfortunately the the ERX2, due to hardware limitations, is not upgradable to and ERX3