jws slow loading on MBP and iphone

Matthias Richter

And it's three to four reports, counting Christian as "to four". Anyway, I'm sure there is much you could do Jeff, it's probably just how the packets are routed through the net. IPS may be able to help, but I doubt it... We just have to live with it. It's worth pointing out, though, that Tapatalk is just as slow, even though I believe it's using its own routing

To all of the people having problems with the site, I am making a request that hopefully can be accomplished by one of you who has the understanding and expertise to do this but of troubleshooting. My server host provider has said:

"Are you experiencing the slowness in the US as well? If not, this is related to the network then as your site is in a datacenter in the US and the european customers have to go across the ocean. Here's what we need to do. Identify a user with slow performance and see if he can send you traceroute results. He would have to run tracert jwsoundgroup.net from command line and sent you a copy."

So, we are not experiencing any problems in the US and what my host is suggesting is doing a "traceroute", something which I wouldn't even know how to do. If anyone amongst you can do this command line stuff, please let me know and we might get closer to a solution. 

It's pretty easy to do traceroutes on Macs and Windows computers. Same with Linux, for that matter. I'm a networking idiot and I've done it. These instructions for both Mac and Win look straightforward and fit my memory:

https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643870/using-the-traceroute-command

Or on a Mac, find the Network Utility app (it isn't in the Applications > Utilities folder on newer versions of OS X...just search for it), launch it, click on "traceroute" and when it asks for the IP address, just enter jwsoundgroup.net. Then copy the results and paste them into a note to Jeff. I just did that and it still works fine.  

Jim

Well, that's good news (though I'm not sure we did anything on our end). I have sent your traceroute results (thank you!!) to my server support people. They did go to work on the issue and they may have been able to do some things from here, I don't know.

Thank you for helping out with the trace thing --- we're into some territory I'm not too familiar with.