ARRI Mini audio in

mikewest

It uses a micro-sized 5 pin Lemo for 2-channel balanced line level input. This connector is located on the front face of the camera body above the lens mount. configuration should be the same as a stereo XLR 5pin.

Timecode in/out is on the standard Lemo 5 pin you're used to.

I just worked with two of these cameras last weekend, there is definitely no XLR connectors on the body. I'd ask the department to source the mini-Lemo adapter needed for audio input since it is non-standard.

Another "gotcha" of sorts is that in the rigs I've encountered, the external battery systems  have been placed in a way that really makes the timecode port almost impossible to get to.  I think a right angle 5 pin lemo for that connection would also be very useful.

true.

luckily we had the v-mount battery on rods with quite a bit of a gap between, plus it held up timecode really well through 6-7 hours.

we only lost timecode once on a battery change, and it usually held up through quite a few minutes with no power at all.

Configuration should be the same as a stereo XLR 5pin.

As I originally said......... it is the same.

I wonder if there's a right angle mini lemo somewhere.

Yes, there is a right-angle 5 pin mini lemo available........ in the lemo world, it is referred to as an 'Elbow' connector.

I worked with the Mini a few weeks ago and the owner of the camera brought the Wooden Camera A-Box ( link posted above by al mcguire), which is a right-angle Lemo to 2 x XLR breakout box. Worked well for me.

I heard of a lot of problems with changing lenses while a Lemo Plug is connected, but the camera guys tested it with the A-Box and were happy. They used photo lenses though, but told me they also tested it with Zeiss Primes.

• 1 year later...
49 minutes ago, petersonfilm said:

I know you can't monitor on the Arri Mini but are there workarounds?  I hear that the SmallHD 502 Monitor has a headphone output and can take audio from the HD-SDI video output but I have not tried this yet... anyone with experience relating to this?

Yes, it works as does any HD-SDI connected Video Monitor.