CF Card went down

KGraham045

Hey, I'm on a gig, and my CF card won't load on my Maxx. It's not recognized (I recorded on it yesterday with no issues) Thank god I'm using my Zax 742, am rolling on it and sending scratch to camera. Anyone else ever have this issue? Is it possible to recover media off of the card? Should I just trash the CF card?

Its a 32GB Monster CF card.

My logic is using what I have. I have used Monster Cards with Zaxcom machines for 3 years with zero Issues. Anyways the manufacturer agreed to replace the card.(which I'll keep but will be my last resort using the card just incase.)

Plus Howy told me how to possibly recover the data.

I will be trying to recover the data but I'm still all good bc I have the Transmitter backup.

Transcend are great too. Zaxcom claims that the machine will work with just about any card but of course that's just in theory.

I've been using Transcend 64GB cards in my Maxx since it was first available (the same 2 cards actually) with zero issues that weren't firmware related.

No card is imune either, I've been using transcend since the nomad came out, and last week I had an error on the primary card that corrupted much of the primary card, as well as corrupting the mirrored take.  I still haven't been able to recover the data from the primary card, but was able to fix the file header and recover the corrupted mirrored file.  Changed and formatted cards and was back in production within 5 minutes.

Bottom line is carry spare media with you always, even media that you have used recently can go bad or glitch.