RX200 phase issue

osa

I had no idea there was a phase issue that was fixed with an update back in november. I just discovered the update that fixes this by accident today. I have been using my rx200 quite a bit and only experienced it being a problem today when i was using a sennheiser g2 as return from camera and my mono summed camera tracks were phase cancelling on return. Has anyone had a client report back a problem regarding this phase issue? Some of my clients i know for instance would use a mono boom recorded to camera left and right as is rather than picking one channel. It may sound fine to them while editing but may never be seen as a problem unless an end viewer has a mono summed playback device and the audio potentially disappears - do i have this all correct? Frankly i am panic strickened over this if that is indeed the case. fingers crossed, i am hoping i am worrying over nothing  

-Ken

I reported the out-of-phase issue to Glenn about six weeks ago.  Within 48 hours, Howy issued a fix in the form of firmware version 4.08.  All RX200 users should definitely apply this update.

A couple of times I have recommended that RX200 owners should somehow be notified of this critical issue.  That doesn't appear to have happened -- just like receiving a replacement for a broken door on an RX200 hasn't happened in the same six weeks.  Perhaps Zaxcom has depleted their supply of unobtainium and is trying desperately to unobtain more.

Or, perhaps Zaxcom is devoting just a bit too much time on "the next big thing" while some of their best customers (not just speaking for myself) become increasingly agitated at having important needs neglected.  

I reported the out-of-phase issue to Glenn about six weeks ago. Within 48 hours, Howy issued a fix in the form of firmware version 4.08. All RX200 users should definitely apply this update.

A couple of times I have recommended that RX200 owners should somehow be notified of this critical issue. That doesn't appear to have happened

+1 I would love the email/product registration system I signed up for actually be used for critical firmware bug and fix updates such as this. I can't scour the zax forums, Facebook and here the night before every job.

Thank you John for your input. My gut tells me if you reported it 6 weeks ago, and over the past how ever many months no clients of mine have reported back to me with phase issues, I will hold off contacting clients and instilling fear unnecessarily. Hopefully all is good. I will be updating today now that I am home and sending emergency backup recordings to my client for yesterdays phase discovery. 2x fellow sound mixer friends of mine purchased rx200's recently and because of all my hype for these units I somehow feel compelled to update their units for them. What a bummer that I (and possibly many others) went unaware 6 weeks from your discovery using this setup and only finding out by accident. Better late than never.

-Ken