MKH 8060 Serials

chrisyking

They made a big change to PCB design and added a different dark ring by the 'capsule' screw for those manufactured from around Feb 2015.
The older ones sound exactly the same and if the issue does come up Sennheiser are able to fix it pretty quickly now- I've had one out of warranty they fixed without charge.  I think all the pinknoise ones went back to sennheiser- is it the RFS ones on ebay?

Maybe not - I don't have 8060s, but do have a quantity of 8020s and 8040s. Early ones didn't have the ring One of those had the noise problem and had to be replaced. Newer ones had the darker metal ring - simple, I thought. but then I just bought another brand new 8020, with a much more recent serial number, and it doesn't have the ring anymore.

My new 8060 in sept which wasn't a demo model has serial number 1294003051 no ring..I sent sennheiser an email asking if there was a specific cutoff on serial numbers with problem no reply..I'll be mightly pissed off if my 8060 goes down having specifically bought a new one and not a demo...richard

hi there,

I guess it is the last 4 digits: I bought  # 1341000634 and # 1411000712 in Feb 2012, the latter started to behave badly in October and was replaced by Senn with # 1472001594 later in November 2012. 

# 1341000634 is still working OK. I remember, that one of the two 8060s (both from the very first batch) came dead on arrival and was immediately sent back to Sennheiser, most likely the 0634... I was busy shooting in the mountains by then and did not keep track of the serials. 

hope this could help