• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, RPSharman said:

Europe version too?

Hi Robert,

I'm glad to say, YES -- compliance testing is also in process for the European version.  CE certification seems to take a bit longer than FCC (American) certification but is proceeding nicely.

Best,

Wes Herron

Lectrosonics, Inc.

Aside from the IR and USB ports, the HMa is a wideband equivalent to the latest generation HM in terms of input design and other specifications. Significant progress has been made in the last year in terms of rejection of external RF signals in the HM.

We have seen the demand drop sharply for the higher blocks due to spectrum re-allocations worldwide. Originally, we offered the L Series (LT, LMb and LR) in a D1 band covering blocks 27, 28, and 29, and got *zero* orders for that band during the first year they were available. So, at this time, we are not offering a D1 band. Get enough demand together and we would of course re-consider.

maybe it is too individualistic and yes, I guess everything above 750 Mhz will be auctioned off in the near future  around here , too. But still owning 7(!) block 27 units receiver wise and those work best. 

thanks again Karl, for your quick and qualified response 

I understand - we have customers all over the world using everything we've ever made, including plenty of block 27 and 28 units in particular. In the US these bands are illegal now (except the first 40-odd frequencies in 27). I think when it comes to "what will I buy new?", people are being cautious about getting any equipment in bands that are either already off limits or will be within a few short years.

I am using (not owning) wireless, here, from 800 MHz and above. Keep in mind, we are not RF crowed like New York, Los Angeles etc. The Gov sold some spectrum to telecommunications in 800 MHz. When I will make an investment in wireless; this will be below 700 MHz. 5G is coming.

I am not sure about IR setup. Brings me stories from Audio Ltd operating with SwitchiR.

Overall, a good improvement from older version.

My HM is now on the way back from the mothership. I'm excited to experience the results of the upgrades, and appreciative of them being covered under and extended warranty. Thanks, Lectro! This new plugon series looks great, although I am still a bit upset that the block assignments were set up without the UK in mind. Block 606 straddle two wideband blocks, which seems really unfair. It would be great if the future C1 blocks would stretch down to 606, allowing us to use our current 606 gear with C1 gear.

On 1/8/2016 at 6:08 PM, cstauffer said:

Curious, Robert, as to what upgrades you are getting on your HM? RF protection upgrades? Might be interested in getting mine done too if that is the case. Thanks...

CRAIG

Per repair invoice...

"Installed all required updates. Updated firmware to v2.6. Replaced audio/logic board per update to correct 2.4 GHz interference. Major tune. Tested to specifications."

14 hours ago, soundpod said:

I'm also very curious about what symptoms you experienced with regards the 2.4/5.8 edition interference. I have had intermittent issur I have never been able to track down.

cheers,

nick

Nick,

It's a buzzing, similar to old AC power down a duplex cable.

I've found the biggest culprit to be thin/lightweight BNC cables with poor shielding sending video to Teredek transmitters. But also experienced issues with Wifi gear and other 2.4G devices (remote focus and RED data send/receive).

Robert

I've also wanted the tones to work with my HM.  I use it as a transmitter for a plant mic frequently, and it's not always as accessible as the mic head is, often taped in or would require moving the whole rig to access it.  I'm excited to hear there are improvements for the rf issues of the HM, which I've had lots of trouble with.  Looks like a repair trip is due.

I have to agree. Having RC capabilities for the above listed reasons would be great. My boom op has managed to adjust gain through wrapped plastic, but it's not ideal. And we do often place HM with plant mics that don't always remain accessible, especially in cars on process trailers. 

Just an idea if it's a possibility.