personal video monitors for boom ops

taylormadeaudio

Paul --- I will take one of them off your hands for $30.00. I have to apologize that if this Discussion Group were a REAL website there would be a simple way for you track the requests and get the items out to all of us, but sorry, I have nothing that sophisticated to offer on this site (maybe later when jwsound.net web 2.0 launches).

I guess I will just get a hold of you on my own to make the arrangements to pay you and pick it up.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler  (I won't wear it myself but it will make a nice gift --- not to Don who also would never wear it, but maybe to someone else on my crew --- if I ever get another job). In the words of Jon Lovitz in City Slickers II:  "too much information for me"

I'm not willing to re-ship (sorry guys), but if my LA-based jw.sound buddies are interested we can meet up and I'll sell them at cost.  Shipping was a whopping $46.40, so about $30 apiece.

OK Paul, thanks for taking the plunge.

Daniel, this presents a small quandary. I've pledged my order with you. Have you purchased these yet? I'm prepared to honor my commitment unless I hear differently.

David

Same reason why i did not express interest even though i would have liked to have a couple of these - logistics. Also, my boom op would never wear one. Thirdly, it is not always that the camera crew uses wireless feeds to video village, and then unless I was using a wireless feed from video village to my cart (which I intend to have as and when my next gig is confirmed) this Rx would be of no use.

-vin

Paul --- I will take one of them off your hands for $30.00. I have to apologize that if this Discussion Group were a REAL website there would be a simple way for you track the requests and get the items out to all of us, but sorry, I have nothing that sophisticated to offer on this site (maybe later when jwsound.net web 2.0 launches).

I guess I will just get a hold of you on my own to make the arrangements to pay you and pick it up.

Hey Jeff---I know the moniker is taken, but I'm "old school" too in many ways.  Your forum is perfect. This seemed like a good deal and there was some interest, so I just bought 'em.  I'm out of town next week, but when I get back they should be here.  I'll let those of you who've told me they want one know and we'll grab lunch, meet up at LSC, "stage hop", or whatever.  I have nothing booked that week yet, so it will be nice to see some folks.  I might go to NAB, so that's a possibility as well if they show up in time.  Btw, they have to recharge off AC.  I'll ask Devendra how long they last, but you can't just swap out batteries when it dies; you have to recharge it.

PG

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found this thread again (it's in Post to the Host!!).  Anyway, the wrist mounted transmitters finally came in.  I'll be running errands tomorrow, including to LA Center Studios.  I'll call those that ordered already and we can meet up or work something out.  There are still a couple not spoken for so let me know if you are interested.  Devendra confirmed to me that it's best to have two of them.  A bunch of ACs have them, he said, and they always get two so one can be charging while other is used.  Runs about an hour of constant use, maybe three or so if you are diligent about turning on and off.

Paul