touch screen driver for Lilliput 8" monitor...

I'm going crazy here...

I've used a 7" Lilliput touchscreen monitor on my cart now for several years.  I run Metacorder on a MacMini and I absolutely love it -- powerful, steady, small footprint... just what I need.

Well, the 7" monitor is starting to have some intermittent problems so, long story short, I just replaced it with an 8" version -- same manufacturer, same mounting hardware, same remote, same wiring... pretty much identical to the 7"...

I set it up and the touch function is all backwards... so I try to run my TouchKit Utility program to calibrate the monitor and nothing works -- I push the buttons and nothing happens... the only buttons that work are the "quit" button and the "about" button.  I've never experienced anything like this and after searching for hours, the only drivers I've been able to find are actually older than the current driver I have.  I finally tried to replace the current driver with an older version -- just to see if it needed the older driver for some reason -- but 2 steps into the install, it's telling me I can't install it because there's nothing to install.

Does anyone know if there's a current downloadable driver (for Intel-based Mac) anywhere out there for Lilliput touch screens?  HELP!!!

• 10 years later...

Hi there Richard,

Sounds like you are the person to ask and I know its a number of years on but I am running Mac Mini's (mid 2011) with the Lilliput 9.7inch TFT LCD Monitors and since upgrading to Sierra the touch drivers simply do not work. I have tried every touch driver on the net. Currently installing High Sierra on one of them to test if that mades a difference.

You advise would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Brian