Constantly logged off - password reset

Dave Rainey

Getting logged off, over time, seems to be happening more than it ever used to (if I leave my browser open and logged in for many hours while I'm away, coming back I am often logged out). It is annoying, having to log back in, but you shouldn't be having to reset password. Are you sure your browser is not auto-filling in an old password? I have to say, password reset doesn't always work. I will Message you with some ideas.

• 2 months later...

Weird. I'm mostly using Mac Safari without trouble. 

Have you tried logging in with Chrome or Firefox? Do you still have the same problem there?

But this might be a Keychain problem...

Here's an Apple support article on fixing and (if needed) resetting your keychain. It's pretty straightforward.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203192

I have been trying to track down this problem without any success so far. For me, what happens all the time is that logged in and over time, when I go to navigate to some other page or post, I am logged out and have to sign in again. This has happened many times (only using Safari --- have not checked with other browsers). IPB Support has not yet been able to offer any advice or a fix. I will continue to work on this.

I tried the keychain reset but it didn't work. Thanks Jim for the tip anyway. 

I can still log in but have to reset my password every time i log out. Anyway i'll post here as soon as i find a solution. And keep us posted if someone find a fix.

Thanks!