Timecode embedded MP3 ?

tvaudioman

4 hours ago, Philip Perkins said:

Are you making thse clients MP3s with TC in the ID3 tag, and are they using that TC for transcription?  The InqScribe website is not very clear on this subject, that I found.

Agreed.

Since my last post, I sent a test file to client. Her response was "It's perfect! Exactly what I need for time code!  Thank you so much!"

So I'm taking that to mean that InqScribe can read the MP3 ID3 tag.

thanks everyone.

Besides BWF-Widget Pro which is used by many transcription houses for playback of both BWF and MP3 timecode stamped files, I wrote a Windows program for Transcription called TC-Transcriber several years ago.   A trial version is available for download below.

It will play H.264 video files and MOV files with BITC (Burn in Time Code)  and BWF files with timecode and MP3 files with ID3 Timecode stamps and automatically puts the current timecode on the clipboard every time you pause or play the file with a Serial attached footpedal.  It can be used to playback files in the background while typiing in MS-Word or any other word processor.

TC-Transcriber Downlaod

Contact me if you want to purchase a license after the 14 day fully functional trial runs out.  $79

15 hours ago, tvaudioman said:

Agreed.

Since my last post, I sent a test file to client. Her response was "It's perfect! Exactly what I need for time code!  Thank you so much!"

So I'm taking that to mean that InqScribe can read the MP3 ID3 tag.

thanks everyone.

Would you consider doing us a favor and asking them directly if InqScribe is doing what is thought that it is doing, for sure?  I evolved my bonehead method because many times my client would not know what the transcriber was using as their app, or who that person would be (hadn't been hired yet).

10 hours ago, cmgoodin said:

Besides BWF-Widget Pro which is used by many transcription houses for playback of both BWF and MP3 timecode stamped files, I wrote a Windows program for Transcription called TC-Transcriber several years ago.   A trial version is available for download below.

It will play H.264 video files and MOV files with BITC (Burn in Time Code)  and BWF files with timecode and MP3 files with ID3 Timecode stamps and automatically puts the current timecode on the clipboard every time you pause or play the file with a Serial attached footpedal.  It can be used to playback files in the background while typiing in MS-Word or any other word processor.

TC-Transcriber Downlaod

Contact me if you want to purchase a license after the 14 day fully functional trial runs out.  $79

Well, that sounds like the shit for this kind of work to me….

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Oh, and here's a free way on Mac to just check and see if there is a TC entered in the ID3 spot:

Open your SD card in finder, select an MP3 file, while highlighted [Right-Click] and then choose:

Get Info   --   Under Authors:   If there is a TC stamp, there it will be   -   Free             M*

MP3 TC Get Info.tiff