Sign in to follow this  
Derek H

Pelican case dividers VS. Portabrace dividers

I'd like to buy some dividers for my 1620 Pelican case.. I see that Portabrace also makes dividers for the Pelican 1620 dubbed the "long-life divider kit".

For slightly more money than the Pelican version you get what looks like better padding and also a lid pocket thing (The lid accessory from pelican is an additional purchase and also doesn't provide any padding).

Has anyone here used the Porta-brace divider liners for Pelican cases and have any feedback? 

Thanks! DH

I ordered a set of the Trekpak stuff for my 1620 for my camera gear. I ordered an extra full length divider and it still wasn't enough to make a full working set. I had to order yet another full length in order to get a full working set. Bear in mind one of my lenses is almost the full length of the case so it's not like I had a ton of small lenses that required a lot of little dividers. I was pretty angry that the supplied set is clearly not enough. To cap it off if you live in the UK they will charge you more to send it than it does to buy the stuff. Ridiculous. It's good stuff but it really isn't worth the money in my opinion. 

You can roll your own for a fraction of the cost.  Corrugated plastic sheet, (you might know it as Coroplast), 1/8" closed cell foam, and drip irrigation pins to hold it all together.

The old blue Pelican dividers were quite good and worth the price. They replaced those with grey ones which were flimsy.  The DIY solutions are worth it. Hot melt glue bonds really well to the Pelican polymer and can be removed easily if the dividers need to be reconfigured.