Lectro smqv short battery life

Brian

Call Lectro, ask for a silver paste kit... Then make sure you have the new generation thumb screw (larger and darker in color) and NEW STYLE wire mesh crush washer... if you do not have these, ask if you can obtain one of those kits as well... 

From Memory... sorry...

Unscrew the old thumb screw, Remove cir clip and remove old thumb screw.. put aside both you may need the Cir clip again, not the thumbscrew. ,clean the female side of the threads on the unit well with a clean rag or other device... Continue to wipe threads until rag or other device is clean..

Place new screen type mesh washer onto the new thumb screw, put screw through back of battery lid. replace cir clip. Place a very small dab of the silver paste on the male threads of your new thumb screw, put lid back on unit, screw in and out a time or two....

Problem SHOULD be solved.

just cleaned both off my SMQV's nothing happened.  Tried swapping battery compartments between the two... and now the battery life is back to normal.  I'm still contacting Lectro to get the new doors but for now I have my transmitter working again.

11 hours ago, Brian said:

just cleaned both off my SMQV's nothing happened.  Tried swapping battery compartments between the two... and now the battery life is back to normal.  I'm still contacting Lectro to get the new doors but for now I have my transmitter working again.

Switching the battery doors puts additional force on the threads since the two different compartments will have worn a little differently. This is perfectly OK but will only last until the "new" threads wear together. It is still a good temporary solution and not one most people would come up with, such as me.

The silver paste is a better solution and will last 6 months or so. Silver paste plus the new doors is a pretty permanent solution and is free.
Best Regards,
Larry F