Switchcraft sennheiser connectors breaking

osa

I have repaired/replaced sennheiser connectors for a friend of mine and i noticed a pattern of them all breaking in a similar spot - right at the base of the connector ground where the cylindrical piece above the ground breaks and spins freely, where the threaded ring sits. Hopefully this makes sense to someone. I though Switchcraft would be the best choice to avoid issues such as this, but maybe there is a better option?

-Ken

its the strain relief that is also the ground that is breaking free, and from what i can tell on older connectors of mine, it seems to happen on other brand connectors. They all appear to be built the same style. gonna stick with the switchcraft for now unless someone might recommend otherwise

-Ken

Sadly its the switchcraft versions i am have these troubles with, similar to other brands. How can you tell exactly a genuine switchcraft of these connectors over other brands? Starting to wonder if i have been given chinese knockoffs in place of them. I paid the higher price specifically for the switchcraft quality i have come to expect, so this seems weird that i had this issue. locking ring and tip both broke off too easily but it could also be stress damage on the connector

-Ken