Audio Sync Problem

ryanf247

I'm not really sure if there is a way to fix this but that's why I'm posting here. So my audio is out of sync with my image because I was shooting with the sony fs-700 at 24p (lav mic going into the sony) and forgot to switch over my odyssey 7Q recorder to 24 so it stayed at 29.97.

I transcoded the footage with the audio to 23.98 it's synced but the pitch is way off. An audio friend of mine used protools to try and normalize the pitch but it still sounds a little off. Anybody else have any ideas on how to fix it? Below is a link to dropbox to download the footage and audio if you would like to give it a shot. Any help is greatly appreciated!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xupcrr403xa8vxe/AABZ16gPvSTdcKfJG_T8psaUa?dl=0

Thanks 

Ryan

Load up your footage @ the orig frame rate and your orig audio un-converted or treated at all and sync it with the picture w/o resort to using TC, just as though it was a wild audio file with no TC, so it plays at its orig speed.    I hope your sample rate was 48k, if it wasn't then you need to get your audio to 48k in Audacity etc, without changing its length.  Your sync should be pretty close.  Export the project and then transcode the new file if you have to.

Hey Philip, thanks for your advice! Unfortunately with the way things were recorded it caused a very bad drift that made syncing very difficult. An awesome audio friend of mine was able to help me alter the pitch to make it sound as natural as we could though.

I think you're going to have greater problems in post with picture at 29.97 when you intended to have 24.00fps. Dealing with the sound is fairly trivial -- there should be a TCE (time compression/expansion) setting in Pro Tools that will work. Is this part of a larger project that has to deliver at a specific frame rate, or is this just a one-day thing?