2016 RAMPS/JWSOUNDGROUP NAB PARTY- Please RSVP!!

Jim Feeley

Hi Everyone,

So yes, we will again gather for food and fun during NAB. Details are pretty much the same as the last few years:

Tuesday April 19, 2016
6:30pm - 9:30pm
Buffet opens at 7pm

We will meet at the Satay Thai Bistro, same place we've used the last few years; less than a mile from the convention center.

Key things for now:

RSVP as soon as possible.

RSVP no later than April 11.

Create a separate RSVP for each person attending. Do not add a comment saying "will bring +1" or "bringing three friends." We need a separate entry for each person.

RSVP (and find details) here:

http://goo.gl/forms/xCfL2eUBcW

Secret word for RSVP form:

walla

In the form, enter your text on top of the light grey "Your Answer" text (funky Google UX; sorry).

Thanks!

PS- if you would like to donate a prize for the raffle, please be sure to get that prize to the restaurant by 4pm day of show. We are working on ways to help you do that. But bringing stuff when you show up to eat, while generous, creates a bit of stress for the hosts. Thanks again!

Huh. I tested the form on four different browsers last night and again just now. Seems fine to me. Also, 10 people so far have been able to enter their information.

I'm not going to go all producer and claim there's no problem. And Google has made a few recent changes to their form tools...and added some funky UX decisions. But the problem doesn't appear to be universal. Let's see if we can nail this down.

1) As Jeff points out, try typing your answer where you see light-grey Your Answer text (ya, funky design choice by Google).

2) If you're still having trouble, try a different browser. After trying two or three browsers, if you're still having trouble let me know what type of computer you're using (i.e.- Mac, Win, iOS, Android), what browsers you've tried, any error messages or feedback.

3) Send that info to me in a private message so we don't clutter up this thread. 

4) See you in Vegas!

RSVP'd. The form's UX is not the most intuitive. For some reason it didn't seem that I could enter anything either, but I just tapped the field a few times until it actually gave me visual feedback that I could enter something, from there I just kept pressing Tab on my keyboard.

Looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, Jose Frias said:

RSVP'd. The form's UX is not the most intuitive.

Yep. Google made some changes since the list time I used their forms. Nothing I can do about that without moving to another platform. And even if I was paid twice what I am to do this, I don't think I would...

15 minutes ago, Jose Frias said:

Haha. I'm with you. Sorry didn't mean to sound like I was complaining, just meant to say that if you keep trying at the form you'll eventually succeed. ;-)

You definitely deserve to be paid your weight in good for all you do!

"...weight in good..."

May, or may not, be a typo -- but I like it!

4 hours ago, Jose Frias said:

Haha. I'm with you. Sorry didn't mean to sound like I was complaining, just meant to say that if you keep trying at the form you'll eventually succeed. ;-)

You definitely deserve to be paid your weight in good for all you do!

No worries. I agree with you about the UX. 

Jim "at a pretty good weight right now" Feeley

We have 16 RSVPs so far. Of course it's early days and we don't all have our April plans set. But I'm posting the current numbers to:

1) Make sure everyone who has tried has been able to RSVP. If you're still having trouble, PM me.

2) Bump the topic so others see it and RSVP. :-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks SAF! A perfect opportunity to remind everyone who plans to attend to please RSVP now. Info on the time, menu, etc is at the top of the post. RSVP info repeated here:

Create a separate RSVP for each person attending. Do not add a comment saying "will bring +1" or "bringing three friends." We need a separate entry for each person.

RSVP (and find details) here:

http://goo.gl/forms/xCfL2eUBcW

Secret word for RSVP form:

walla

In the form, enter your text on top of the light grey "Your Answer" text (funky Google UX; sorry).

The form worked fine for me in Chrome. I don't know what everyone else was seeing, but maybe it has to do with browser plugins or javascript issues? I have a pretty strong set of javascript managers and ad blockers on my browser, but Google Docs was allowed to work fine.

• 1 month later...

I know my post above says, "please RSVP no later than April 11." But just so we know how many people plan to crash the gate :-), if you have not RSVP'd and still plan to attend the RAMPS/JWSound dinner next week, please RSVP through the link at the top of this (and right now every) page here today.

In other words, RSVP TODAY OR EAT SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Thanks and I look forward to seeing a bunch of you next week.