Denecke TS-c losing sync...

taylormadeaudio

I use that slate and the only time I lost sync was when the deck wasn't set properly (FR-2 with a pull up), or when using the Deva and setting the slate to auto. 

There is a known issue with the Deva and the .97 or .98 timecodes, you get an error message that should be ignored.  Never heard of a walkie messing with sync, unless you're doing wireless tc feed.

Dan Izen

This is a known issue and Denecke has a (free of course) fix for it.  I sent my TS-C to them and they fixed it.  They are a great company to deal with, IMO.  As an interim solution of sorts, you can set the slate to only display time code when it is jammed.  That way should it lose sync it is almost certain to be noticed immediately as there will be a error message and no moving numbers.

PG

thanks guys!

It figures, my new TS-c doesn't have the problem.

Hey Charlie, I also have a TS-2 (recently built up from an old TS-1 by you guys, actually) that is doing the same thing... would the fix work on that one as well?  Also, I wrap this current gig on the 17th and then I have another project starting mid-Jan... Would it be possible to get that quick of a turnaround?

--tt 

Hi Tom,

The TS-2's don't have the RF issue. There may be something else going on with it (typically battery holders). We'll check it out for you as well.  We are shutting down for the Holidays from the 23rd to the 5th. We can turn them around in a day or two, as long as you don't send them in during the Holiday. ;)

Best Regards,

Charlie

My TS-3 received the RF modification after having some trouble with irregular time code drifts on a show last winter.  I'm convinced the problems stemmed from a combination of rough treatment by the camera department and the Preston / Cinetape.  I haven't had any problems with wireless focusing devices since.

Tim

yeah, rough treatment by the camera crew is definitely a factor... Charlie, as you'll see when the TS-C arrives, it's definitely been mistreated (recently filled with water, L&D'ed (replaced with a new TS-C) but still operational -- a testament to its design.  The backlight is malfunctioning in the lower corners, but it's still operational, and I'm reluctant to hand over my new one for fear that it will recieve similar mistreatment.  Both my TS-C and TS-2 have been dropped by camera people.

In any case, Charlie -- I'll send 'em down ASAP.  Thanks again for all your help : )

--tt

This is another example of how the legacy of Michael Denecke is being carried on.  How great is it that you can post a comment on a web site and have the manufacturer write in and comment on it.

Charlie has done, and always has done, an incredible job of customer support.  This is always what Denecke, Inc. has been about.  If you ever have a question or suggestion they are always there to hear what their customers have to say.

Thanks so much for your great support Charlie.

Cheers,

RVD

Ditto - I am fortunate enough to live just down the street from both Denecke and PSC.  It's a real treat to be able to stop by and get legendary service in person.  It's also cool to see all the gear bits in various stages of completion.

Robert

Thanks Charlie!

I sent the slates off this afternoon (you should get them Mon. morning.)  I included the TS-2 anyway as it needs to be looked over (I sent you a personal message with the details.)  And in echoing the sentiments of Rich and Robert -- and everyone else, I'm sure -- Thanks again for having such a great company!  Happy Non-secular Holiday Season : )

~tt