Lectrosonics WM E Transmitter LCD issue

joshneal

Does anyone happen to know why the lectrosonics WM E transmitter LCD blinks every few seconds when powered off?  This is my first time using these transmitters - we have 6 currently and several of them blink when powered off (after inserting fresh batteries) yet the others do not.  Im concerned about possible drain on the batteries when left blinking overnight.  I read through the manual but didn't see anything relating to this issue.  Does anyone know why they do this and if it will drain the batteries overnight (to any substantial degree)?  And is there a setting I can change to turn it off?  I've gone through all the menu options and didn't see a way to disable this feature.  Anyone have any wisdom on this?  Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

The issue was traced to a charged capacitor triggering the microcontroller into waking for just long enough to realize it should be off -- hence the flash on the LCD about every twelve seconds or so.  The flash happens more reliably with brand-new batteries; once the batteries dropped to around 1.5V after several hours the issue seemed to go away.  As the drain is so slow, this does not have an appreciable effect on the battery life of the WM (we have changed the circuit to prevent this on future builds).

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!

Wes Herron

Lectrosonics, Inc.