Waist belt for transmitter

Tuhiva

Hello everybody,

I currently own some Neopax waist transmitter belt. And I receive a lot of complain from talents about how hot and how sweaty they get using those belt. I live in a tropical island with 90% humidity and about 86 degrees F° all year round. Anybody has other solutions from other brands? Versaflex makes some breathable wait belt but they seem a little bit thicker and they problably show through clothes ? (Women wearing "close to body" T-shirth). I was also wondering if anybody has tried brand that sells belt for Fitness coach wireless transmitter ? (http://www.fitnessav.com/Theater-Mic-Belt-p/am12pb.htm)

Hello Constantin,

How do you attach the Tubigrip once cut? Velcro, tape, sewing ... ? Did you make your custom ones?

No, nothing custom at all. You can cut them to size with scissors. You put them on like a sock, then fold the lower half over the upper half. In the resulting pocket you put the transmitter. That's it, nothing else needed, like Tuhiva said. You just have to pick the right size in terms of circumference. Length-wise they seem to come in 1 meter segments

I use 4"(100mm) 3M coban,  or the veterinary equivalent, "vetrap".  vetrap comes in black,  which is good for male actors who like the pack on their leg (or actresses wearing black), above the sock.  if the pant leg rides up in a particular shot,  it is just black on black (assuming the socks/stockings,  are black).  this material also comes in white,  which might be the ticket for shooting in hot climates,  with white t-shirts or similar tops. this material is usually one use only,  and is something the production picks up in the expendables budget. 

Reading about Tubigrip here on the forum (I think Jan McL mentioned it), I bought a few packs and tried it last year. And it's great. Thin, but sturdy, breathable and you can cut it to size. I only use it when Neopax won't work, but the actors usually love it

This is for a leg application, wouldn't work on the waist, correct?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

A sound mixer from Munich produces some very good belts for any available transmitter. They are called Flexibelts and are made of an elastic strap with a cotton pouch. Very easy to use and especially the possibility to move the transmitter even when the flexibelt is already on the actor is a big plus. 

https://www.facebook.com/flexibeltsforfilm/

7 hours ago, mulluysavage said:

This is for a leg application, wouldn't work on the waist, correct?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

That's right, although there may well be something like this for the waist, too, but it'll be much more cumbersome. Those flexibelts look pretty cool, though.

those Aeromic neoprene belts are very thick, they'll almost certainly be visible under clothes. In the Theatre world here in Australia (where they are made) they are popular with the companies doing weekly rentals to School shows where they have a hard life, but are never seen at a professional level. Remote Audio make a belt system that's quite similar to the Flexibelts one. I own those and Neopax, and most talent prefer the Remote Audio ones for coolness and comfort, though the Neopax do smooth out the transmitter lump better under thin/sheer wardrobe.

On February 21, 2016 at 8:11 PM, Wandering Ear said:

I've had the remote audio belts, and I didn't like them.  They don't hold the transmitter tight to the body which can lead to it pushing out the clothes and moving around.  I use the neopax mostly, and sometimes various self adhesive bandages.

The trick with the Remote Audio style belt is to put the pouch on the inside of the strap.  That holds the pack securely against the body.  I used to make and sell a similar design and that's how I used them.

10 hours ago, berniebeaudry said:

The trick with the Remote Audio style belt is to put the pouch on the inside of the strap.  That holds the pack securely against the body.  I used to make and sell a similar design and that's how I used them.

That makes a lot of sense.  It's always the little things that get you.

I own several versions, including the Remote Audio ones and Neopax.  I find that if the talent is really active, even when putting the RA pouch on the inside, it tends to flop loose.  The Neopax have performed better for me, but still not ideal.  I just ordered some Tubigrip in a couple of sizes, so look forward to seeing how it performs.