ADX Trax for dialog extraction

Jeremiah Sheets

Anyone have luck with ADX Trax Pro by Audionamix for isolating dialog?
I have some work coming up that requires extraction from a premixed source. Apparently the originals were written over with background music and lost forever. Brilliant, I know...
I told them I'd see what I can do. Usually use some spectral editing for short stuff but this app looks promising for working with larger material.

ADX Track is only going to be able to take a stereo track and pull the phantom center (L+R) information out. If it's DM&E, then any music or sound effects at the same level in L&R are also going to come out with the dialogue. It's not a magic tool that can ignore music and SFX. I don't see a way around this except to use spectral editing (like iZotope RX5 or Sony SpectralLayers). And that will be painful and slow.

ADX actually uses spectral editing to remove vocals from both stereo and mono sources.

I currently use spectral editing with RX4, but like you said, it's painful. I was hoping to streamline the process, but after speaking with Audionamix it appears that their algorithm looks for melodic vocals and isn't great for dialog...