Vietnam Travel: How hard to get in and out?

JCC

I started a thread like this on China travel, and got some great help.  Thank you!

I am also curious about Vietnam.  I'm traveling to Vietnam soon with a tourist visa.  Does anyone have experience shooting in Vietnam with a tourist visa?  We are travelling into DaNang.  We will fly either from Shanghai to DaNang, or from HongKong to DaNang.  Trying to predict whether a full audio kit will be allowed, or if I'll have to pare way down (I need the full kit for my work in China right before this, but if customs in Vietnam is bad, I'll have to tough it out on smaller, less pro looking gear).  My camera guy is also trying to decide whether to bring a real camera or just shoot on dinky dslr's.  

If anyone has experience, I'd be grateful to hear how it was for you!

Thank you!

John

I've only been to Vietnam as a tourist, but some googling around would suggest that shooting in Vietnam requires permits, which according to the sites advertizing production and fixer services aren't hard to get. On a hunch, I probably wouldn't bring anything bigger than a Zoom unless I or a production person had procured the necessary permits.