Audio Department low-pro cables

Jeremiah Sheets

• 2 weeks later...

Finally de-lurking - hello, all!  I can't find any information on these Audio Department cables on their website - what's the ballpark on pricing?  I realize they are custom, but just curious how they compare to others who make this type of thing.

All of my cables are custom from the two builders below on Taperssection, who make the best quality cables I have seen anywhere.  They specialize in chopped and angled XLRs at the exit position of your choice, offset lengths to fit specific equipment, etc.  They both use epoxy to fill the ends of the chopped connectors, so they are not field-serviceable but are very durable.  Prices are less than half of Kortwich solutions.

You'll need an account to view their sales threads:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=133186.0

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=110932.0

Here are some of their cables that I own - all of the XLR cables shown are out being modified to chopped / angled versions.

http://imgur.com/a/3o6LZ

13 hours ago, voltronic said:

Finally de-lurking - hello, all!  I can't find any information on these Audio Department cables on their website - what's the ballpark on pricing?  I realize they are custom, but just curious how they compare to others who make this type of thing.

Like Whitney said, give them a call or email. Very helpful. Not sure if I can give price info here but I found it to be very reasonable for such high quality.

Pricing on custom cables will vary on many factors including what connectors are used, are they low profile, what length and type of the cable is needed, are any resistors are needed, do you want techflex, custom labeling etc etc etc.

So you really need to call for pricing.

Given that I have always found that the Audio Department has very reasonable prices and quick turnaround.

1 hour ago, Jack Norflus said:

You would save on labor

I guess it just depends on how much your time is worth. For me they do great work and offer many different colors and types of cable. It would be more expensive to buy bulk of all of those types than to have them do it for you. If you just want one type or color of cable for all of the connectors, that's a different story.