PSC POWERSTAR MINI TRIPLE PLAY : HOW DOES IT WORK?

piero

Hi everyone,

is there any "psc triple play" user out there?

I'm a little bit confused about how the 3 inputs work together.

For example: what happens if I have on the input 1 an ac power supply, on the input 2 one SLA battery and on the input 3 one NP battery?

By what criterion the unit chooses to feed from input 1, 2 or 3? Maybe according to the voltage of each input? Or does it simply take the power from 3 inputs at the same time?

Thanks in advance !

The unit uses the highest voltage available. So if you have an NP1 cup with a battery charged at 16vdc on input 1 and the PSC power supply on input 2 ( supplying 15vdc ), the power star will use the NP1 first until it reaches 15vdc, at which point it will switch to the power supply. If by any chance the power supply was disconnected, it seamlessly would switch back to the NP1. If the same but with two NP1 instead, it will drain the highest charged first and when it reaches the second battery voltage, will uses the two at the same time, draining them together with twice the power available.

Great unit. Works like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, pvanstry said:

The unit uses the highest voltage available. So if you have an NP1 cup with a battery charged at 16vdc on input 1 and the PSC power supply on input 2 ( supplying 15vdc ), the power star will use the NP1 first until it reaches 15vdc, at which point it will switch to the power supply. If by any chance the power supply was disconnected, it seamlessly would switch back to the NP1. If the same but with two NP1 instead, it will drain the highest charged first and when it reaches the second battery voltage, will uses the two at the same time, draining them together with twice the power available.

Great unit. Works like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now everything is clear, thanks!