BubbleBee Industries

dfisk

Hey all.

I just wanted to let everyone know that in addition to being with Sound Guys Solutions I'm also working with BubbleBee Industries. We've recently re-vamped our website, which you can see here. We also have a cool video for our Invisible Lav, which you can see here. It's a great video that shows the many uses of the Invisible Lav. 

I bought some of the cable savers and am having trouble getting them to work on my COS 11s.  The cable seems too thick to work correctly.  I just played with it a short time but I actually tore one of the ends apart just getting it over the connector as suggested.  I'll look at the video again.  Question on the Invisible Lav video.  When its folded over and placed that way, is that to provide some wind protection, a physical buffer, or both?

2 hours ago, berniebeaudry said:

I bought some of the cable savers and am having trouble getting them to work on my COS 11s.  The cable seems too thick to work correctly.  I just played with it a short time but I actually tore one of the ends apart just getting it over the connector as suggested.  I'll look at the video again.  Question on the Invisible Lav video.  When its folded over and placed that way, is that to provide some wind protection, a physical buffer, or both?

Are you saying the cable of the lav seems to thick to work correctly? If you have one that broke we'll need to get you a replacement. 

1 hour ago, Derek H said:

How do the windkillers compare to the tried and true Rycote softie?

Well, if you ask me you might know what I'll say. We wouldn't put out an inferior product. 

6 hours ago, berniebeaudry said:

Question on the Invisible Lav video.  When its folded over and placed that way, is that to provide some wind protection, a physical buffer, or both?

The Invisible Lav is really designed as a physical buffer between the lav and clothing. I guess it does provide some measurable form of wind protection, but that wasn't the initial thought process in its design. The invisible tape, which is available by itself, can be used for lots of different mounting techniques. If you need more wind protection, you can get the "Piece of Fur" which is literally a big piece of fur that you can cut to the desired size and use however you need, so you can cut off pieces for use with the Invisible Lav Tape. Both the fabric in the Invisible Lav and the Piece of Fur can be re-used multiple times.